PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So wondering can a 54mm piston and cylinder work on a usually 52mm head setup? or do I have to buy the 30/23.5 head for the 54mm?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
even though I have the smaller head i can use a 54mm TB piston and cylinder? hmmmm...im trying to sell the cam I got and now maybe the piston and cylinder to buy cam from you and the piston cylinder from someone hmmmm....

·
Banned
1 Posts
TB has a 54x63 jug, and I have them. Piston linked will only work with mild chamber mods and give HIGH compression, but I have the "right" one as well. My 95's with the big dome piston and modded head are a ripping combo:)

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much for the piston and cylinder? I think ill try sell my cam, piston and cylinder on ebay this week then.

·
Banned
1 Posts
117 rips! $135 with gaskets, just a bit more than a 52mm setup. 54mm piston is a newer design, and lighter too. More in the AM, if needed. After 3, here...Just got up to let the dog out. Again:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what did you mod on that xr70 bottom end? Im thinking just toss that tb kit I have on it and sell it so I can buy the newer head bore kit

·
Registered
423 Posts
firepower354 said:
TB has a 54x63 jug, and I have them. Piston linked will only work with mild chamber mods and give HIGH compression, but I have the "right" one as well. My 95's with the big dome piston and modded head are a ripping combo:)

will this set up run on 89 octane or e85? and this is with 23/20 head?

·
Banned
1 Posts
sr20hardbody said:
will this set up run on 89 octane or e85? and this is with 23/20 head?

Either should be fine, if 91 isn't available at the pump. Watch the temps with the 89, and jet real fat for the e85. You may have trouble with fuel lines and petcock rubber, too, but the octane and oxygenation should make a good runner. 23/20 has about the same chamber as the TB head.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts