PlanetMinis Forums banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

· Administrator
11,216 Posts
Once you have removed the fork snap ring (part #92033-1028 ) and the fork cylinder bolt (#92001-1464), you should be able to clamp the fork lower in the bench vise and yank the fork upper right out. It might take a few tries, but it should separate, there's nothing left holding the fork upper in place.

Cylinder

· Registered
36 Posts
Havn't tried going underneath with a flat head yet. I wanted to ask, is there metal in the fork seals. It seems like the seals wrap around a metal housing but I don't know how it attaches to the metal on forks or if it is part of them. I'm just sort of confused. Are the seals just ALL rubber?

· Administrator
11,216 Posts
No, there is usually a metal ring around the outside edge that is coated with rubber. As tmas stated, you'll need to get under the seal and pry it up a little at a time and work your way around.

· Registered
36 Posts

Attachments

· Registered
36 Posts
If you look at the 2nd thumbnail, you can see that the rubber is free hanging away from the metal. If I pull that up with the seal puller on each side it merely tears off that piece leaving all the rubber on the interior fork walls. Never had trouble with fork seals. My crf is a breeze.

· Administrator
11,216 Posts
I believe at this point I'd be looking to break out the Dremel and use either of the two smaller bits on the right in the pic below to cut through the metal band of the seal. Two small cuts 180° apart should enable you to pry out what's remaining with a straightslot screwdriver. Finish off with a fine grade emery paper.
Tool accessory Cutting tool Tool Metal

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Well, if Vince has never disassembled those forks to test fit the BBR damping rods, how would you expect him to know if they fit? At least he is being honest about it, and not trying to just make a quick sale.
Thanks Bud
I was totally straight up , We have not yet tested the BBR damper rods in the aftermarket forks

81 - 91 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.