10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Gas Tanks and fender sets for 88-99 Z50
Link:
TB Parts - Z50 88-99 - TBolt USA, LLC

[h=1]TB Gas Tank Z50 89-99 Black
Part No: TBW0733[/h]

TB Gas Tank, Black -Z50 89-99
This is a reproduction gas tank for the 88-99 Z50R.
The quality of the tank is very good and they look real nice, however the paint quality is not that of a Honda tank and slight imperfections are possible.
They are a very nice alternative to the more expensive Honda tanks for those who aren't restoring their Zs.
They also come with a gas cap more like the original one (not a locking gas cap like some others include with similar tanks) and a petcock. Also, unlike similar aftermarket tanks on the market, we have our front mounts welded in the correct location so the tank is positioned correctly.

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
[h=1]TB Gazi 330mm Adjustable shocks
Z50 CRF50 XR50 & Pit bikes Gold
Part No: TBW0574-Gold[/h]

Gazi 330mm Adjustable rear shock set for Twin shock minis
For use with TB Plus 3'' Swingarms or Other aftermarket Extended swingarms

Gold colored!

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
TB DRZ110 & KLX110 143cc Bore Kit
Fit all years
[TBW0986]

Date Added: Sunday 07 December, 2014by Randy N.

I bought this kit a day after I bought my klx brand new in 2005 and have been riding it hard ever since with no failures what so ever! This is a great kit for price, reliability is top notch and power was night and day difference over stock!

Auto part Air intake part Automotive engine part Transfer case part Automotive engine timing part

· Registered
36 Posts
I'd imagine they are just TBpart springs, never bought from TB but a user told me Vince from Tbolt would know. I was going to buy the BBR HD springs and damping rods but I might just buy the front forks that you linked above and get the whole replacement with damping rods. Just want to know how they compare to BBR springs and if they are cheaply made or well made and how stiff they are compared to BBR HD springs?

· Administrator
11,216 Posts
Since you stated in another post that you need new forks, why not just purchase the TB ones and try them out? If, after you've either added more fork oil and/or changed to a different fork oil weight, that the forks need to be upgraded, at least you have new forks to add the BBR parts.

· Registered
36 Posts
Since you stated in another post that you need new forks, why not just purchase the TB ones and try them out? If, after you've either added more fork oil and/or changed to a different fork oil weight, that the forks need to be upgraded, at least you have new forks to add the BBR parts.
So, I emailed Tbolt who was sellign the replacement forks and they didn't tell me much otehr than that externally it is exactly the same as the OEM klx 110 forks but he doesn't know if the BBR damping rods wil lfit. So, now I'm stuck. I'd iamgine they would fit but Vince at Tbotl is telling me he doesn't know.

· Administrator
11,216 Posts
Well, if Vince has never disassembled those forks to test fit the BBR damping rods, how would you expect him to know if they fit? At least he is being honest about it, and not trying to just make a quick sale.

The thing to do is buy the TB forks, disassemble them and take measurements of the stock damping rods. Then contact member chubbs from this thread and ask him to measure his stock rods, and compare the results to see if the BBR rods will fit the TB forks.

· Registered
1,437 Posts
Or just call TBparts and see what they have to say. If those TB fork tubes are springs + damping rods (which I doubt) its an unbelievable deal and I will kick myself in the ass. It's likely OEM fork tubes with HD springs in them. Buy springs and damping rods for yours and call it a day.

· Registered
36 Posts
I just realized that TBparts is not the same thing as Tbolt. I'm an idiot. I'll call them tomorrow. I would love to keep my forks and buy teh BBR sprigns and damping rods w/ heavier fork oil but the fork seals will not come off. Cemented to the metal and no amount of pulling with plyers or a seal puller will get the entire thing off. Just little pieces break off making it more of a mess. The only thing I can do is fine something that will dissolve the rubber away from the metal. Not sure what to use yet. Tried ethenol, didn't work, tried petrol, also didn't work. Tried using blow torch on exterior side of seals, didn't work. They've been on the forks for ten years so they hardened beyond beleif. As for the Tbolt klx 110 forks, yeah that's a crazy good deal. 119-129 for I beleive two stock OEM replacement forks as opposed to getting the actual OEM forks that are around 350 for the set.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.