PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed tb hd autoclutch in my honda. It drags a lot, wont disengage. I haven't riden it a lot yet, and I have read it will be better after riding a little bit. But will it be as good as standard clutch or will there be some amout of drag forever? I read that there will be some drag always when the engine is cold, and less when the engine heats up. Is that true?

Reason I'm asking this is the bike is street driven at a area with many traffic lights and a lot of traffic, and It'll be too hard to drive there with a bike that is impossible to get to neutral, won't idle or will crawl even with front brake on.

Clutch center nut is torqued to Honda specs. I know you say too much. It has never been a problem to me with Honda clutches, but is TB clutch and center bushning more likely to cause problems with that much torque?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Have you tried adjusting it??

My motor does drag a little when its cold. It always has. Almost all motors I have do this though (even raptor 700 when first starting, and clutch pulled all the way in). Once its warm, does not do it one bit.

Its not near bad enough to keep moving forward with the front brake in though, definitely adjust it, and see if that helps.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I would like to know as well. My 108 with the TB HD auto clutch does this. I've riden it for about half a tank and it's still doing it. Not sure how much longer till it goes away.(and yes, I've re-adjusted it many times.)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I have also experienced this problem. My street legal 50 with takegawa 106 and tb hd clutch used to drag very bad! I upgraded to the billet basket and it still drag. Thing that kills me the most is I have a 4 speed one down three up tranny and since my bike is street legal i encounter many stop lights and it is a pain!!! Basically have to hold the rear brake and keep the idle way up so it doesnt stall. I finally got tired of it and bought a takegawa hd auto clutch and the problem disappeared. So I tried the takegawa internals with the tb billet housing and it once angain was dragging horribly. Put the takegawa clutch back to how it came and did so testing. With the tb hd billet housed clutch my max speed was 60 mph and i rode the clutch for a good 250 miles and it still drug. Now with the takegawa hd auto clutch I got 65.8 mph out of my bike. By the way I got these specs off my vapor computer. Conclusion: I dont recommend tb hd auto clutches or the billet housing from my exoerience they never stop dragging. Takegawas doesnt drag one bit and has an obvious increase in clamping power/performance.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies. Same problems here, street, stoplights, 1down 3up trans.

So no more break in / fighting, I ordered a Takegawa clutch today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts