PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a tb 117 kit.totaly pumped to ride ,payed my buddy who's a mechanic at the bike shop to put it together.drive 2 hours to our track to ride and get 10 mins and the head bends the intake valve.call my buddy to say what the f*!k is up.he tells me he has gone through 2 sets of valves with the same head, so he called tb and they said they had a couple of heads that were bending valves. somthing to do with the maching. needless to say i'm pretty choked.anybody haveing this issue to .

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Check your timeing the old TB sprokets are off center and tend to eat the cam chain rollers alive constantly....in turn setting your timeing off... TB doesn't have these sprokets any more but if you caught an old one some how, that could be it....Check it out let me know...PM if you have any question

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i took the motor apart and the intake valve is bent. my parts guy has the same head and has gone trough 2 sets of valves so he called mike at tb and i guess thay had some heads that were not machined properly and when the motor gets revved to high the vavles touch and there for bend

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.