PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2008 klx 110 mostly stock from what Im aware of besides a pipe and uni filter. Runs good tho other than it definitely needs a little carb tuning to get it to idle and get rid of the little bit low end bog. But my real issue is that it appears to have a tb head, does this mean it is a big bore ? It doesn’t seem any faster than a normal 110 which makes me think it’s still stock bore and piston but with a tb head but I can’t tell cause there’s no actual markings on the cylinder only the head with trail bikes logo. Is this possible or would the valves hit the piston? It still has a stock carb and intake manifold as well. I’m just trying to figure this out so I can get a bigger carb and the correct manifold if I have to to get it to idle and run a little better. FYI it does idle fine once it’s good and warm and I’ve been riding it for a little but even then it sometimes still likes to die. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
If its got a TB head, its got a bore kit, unless someone went out of their way to machine valve reliefs into the stock piston. Pictures will help us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that’s kinda what I was thinking but here a pic of the head I can get more also. I’m guessing it’s a 143 but only really way to know is to pull the head I guess but either way I’ll probably go with a 26 or 28 mikuni and get the correct manifold and such.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Definitely a TB head. The cylinder has no markings on it at all?
The carb is definitely a restriction, but I currently run a 143 with a stock carb and it is quite a bit more powerful than a stock one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No tb brand marking that I can see of anyway like on the head but here’s some more pics idk if there’s any tell tale signs or not. I’ll probably just Keep the stock carb for now then but what jets would you recommend to get it to run a little better. I normally ride at about 350 to 400 feet usually

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Interesting. Thats a stock cylinder.. now I REALLY wonder what piston is in it. Maybe its a V1 head? But I thought the V1 valves were still too big for a stock piston.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts