PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive scanned the internet looking for somone with the same problem and cant find anything. My clutch was making some werid noises so i took the clutch cover off and tightend the clutch nut(that was the problem) and in the process lost that little spring that goes in the middle of the bearing. I used another spring i had that fit and put everything nack togather and now my clutch stays engaged. I tried to adjust that plate behind the chrome cover and ive also tried to adjust the clutch wire. Im wondering if its that spring and if so do i even need it for the clutch to work properly? What does it do?

· Registered
824 Posts
Hard to say without a bit more description of the clutch you're running...

But if I had to guess..

The spring you're describing is part #14 in this drawing:

CANADA'S OLDEST POWERSPORT DEALERSHIP

This spring keeps tension on the oil through (#13), which provides an oil path from the pump to the top end of your engine. I would shut the bike down until you get the correct spring installed.

If you didn't line up the clutch correctly with the primary drive (see pic below #15) and clutch center (see pic below #4) and tightened down the nut, it would stay constantly engaged.

CANADA'S OLDEST POWERSPORT DEALERSHIP

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got another spring and popped it in. But now my clutch is opposite. When the clutch lever is not pulled the clutch is engaged, when its pulled its not engagged and the wheel spins. So i cant start the bike unless the clutch is pulled. Its a tb manual clutch for a crf50

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.