PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Are you talking the normal race cam? Because my buddy that i get all of my TB parts off of he is a TB dealer. He got an email friday saying there is a new cam out for the race head now. Its so big that it wont fit into the stock head. I should have it monday i'll measure out the specs.

EDIT: Also, its not on the site or anything, it was a dealer email only i guess, thats what i was told. Not sure if he updated his prices either on his site, but he said in the email the price for the race head is now 399 threw the holidays, maybe staying that low thereafter.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I bought my race head about a month ago... so I don't think I have the new cam you're talking about. But you've definitely peak my interest on what this new cam is all about.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I got the new cam and installed it in my bike on Friday. When I had it out I compared it to the old cam that came with the race head and the new one has some serious lift to it. I wish I had taken a picture of it but forgot. This new cam though certainly would not be a good idea to put in a stock head, as it has some seriously crazy lift to it. The best way to describe it is on the old cam, the top of the lobes didnt quite make it out with the bearings on the small end of the cam, in other words it was alittle below them. On the new cam, they go above the bottom of the bearings to about the middle, ( remember this is if your looking down on the cam from it standing on the end that the cam sprocket attaches to). But as to how it works, I noticed a nice gain from about the mid range to the higher rpm's with more overrev. The bikes power seems to come on a little sooner and pulls harder and futher. It will probably work even better on a stroked motor, and would see even more gains.

·
Registered
787 Posts
FLyGuYy03 said:
Are you talking the normal race cam? Because my buddy that i get all of my TB parts off of he is a TB dealer. He got an email friday saying there is a new cam out for the race head now. Its so big that it wont fit into the stock head. I should have it monday i'll measure out the specs.

EDIT: Also, its not on the site or anything, it was a dealer email only i guess, thats what i was told. Not sure if he updated his prices either on his site, but he said in the email the price for the race head is now 399 threw the holidays, maybe staying that low thereafter.

Dude, I thought that the original cam was too big for a stock head lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.