PlanetMinis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the tb 0533 cam for Christmas. When I when to install it it won't fit. I removed the rocker arms, and removed the old cam. When I go to insert the new cam I can get the first bearing, and both lobes into the head, but the last bearing dosnt want to seat. I'm running the stock head.has any body had this problem?

·
Vendor
10,561 Posts
[h=1]TB 533 Race Cam for KLX110
03-09
[TBW0533][/h]

TB Race Camshaft
TB V1 Race Head Race camshaft for our regular Race Head and Stock KLX110 Heads (Not V2 head- wont fit).
This is the YX type cam that has more lift/duration than any cam we have ever tested
Works great with our regular Race Head.
Will Fit Stock KLX110 & DRZ110 Heads but use caution and check for proper valve clearence
Note:
This Product is for use with
TB 143cc piston (TBW0377 )This Piston has proper valve relief.

Use caution and make sure you have proper valve clearance if installing with any other pistons.

·
Super Moderator
9,587 Posts
I just installed mine on a 04.... the cam shaft gets caught on the rocker arms some wear and can’t make a full rotation....
Are you using the TB Parts 143cc piston (TBW0377) like Vince from T-Bolt noted above?
T Bolt USA said:
...Note:
This Product is for use with
TB 143cc piston (TBW0377 )This Piston has proper valve relief.

Use caution and make sure you have proper valve clearance if installing with any other pistons...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought this cam and the 143 kit and tried using stock far end bearing had same problem goes in up to last bearing wont seat

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Just bought this cam and the 143 kit and tried using stock far end bearing had same problem goes in up to last bearing wont seat
Sometimes you gotta be a little mean to them. If you're positive its passed the rockers, make sure the surfaces are lubricated properly and don't be afraid to get the rubber mallet out. The machining tolerances on these heads doesn't seem to require a whole lot of precision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rockers were out so just drive it home?
Sometimes you gotta be a little mean to them. If you're positive its passed the rockers, make sure the surfaces are lubricated properly and don't be afraid to get the rubber mallet out. The machining tolerances on these heads doesn't seem to require a whole lot of precision.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.