PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a tb 88 kit with race head which i instaled and ran for a short time couple times up and down the street and then it made a bad noise and i shut it down pulled the motor apart and i have a bent intake valve. anyone know why? is anyone else having problems with the tb valves? what should i do now?

G

·
A lot of people have had problems with them. Look closely at everything and see if they hit together or hit the piston.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
cyclerider57 said:
A lot of people have had problems with them. Look closely at everything and see if they hit together or hit the piston.

My buddy just had a valve completely break off and stuck to the piston. Everything was installed correctly, and the valves were set to spec.

TB warrantied him a new head because they couldn't believe it. It happened after one week of having it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does anyone from tb frequent the forums? i went and checked the install and i was correct on everything. guess i will contact tb. anyone know if powersport store would be willing to warrenty my head?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just thought id update everyone and let you know i did contact tb and they are working with on my problem thus far, i have mailed everything back and waiting to see where we go from here

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well heres my update, they are sending me a new head and piston should arrive tomorrow so if this is the case and i am getting brand new stuff to my door i am very happy we shall see. but here is my question is there anything i should do to the head before installing this time someone reccomended reaming tht valve guides yes no? if so what size?

·
Registered
95 Posts
i had 10 min on my motor and all the specs were good including valve clearance and my tb exhaust valve bent or didnt seat right and then nothing!!! The bike just died and there I sat with no compression. It ran like an animal with my 108 for the first 10 min, then quit. Whats a guy to do?

G

·
Check the overlap clearance between the valves. At one point, Mike (tb) had a set of heads where the overlap clearance wasn't enough and the valves would touch causing them to bend. To cure the problem the valve angle was changed slightly to provide proper clearance. Mike is a great guy willing to help out anyone with problems from that and any other batch of heads.

·
Registered
95 Posts
For the record, Im not bashing them at all and I think they have great products, sometimes sh*t happens. Mike said he would take care of it for me and got back to me right away-good service!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.