· Registered
78 Posts
OOOOOOh your from sacramento man

welcome to the boards homeboy

we gotta ride some time.

· Registered
66 Posts
TB bigbore

Let know how that thing runs. Also, if you could tell us the octane of fuel your running. 13:1 compression. I ran some 87 when I first put mine in not knowing the 13:1 compression and it was not sounding to good (pinging alot). Now I have some 50/50 91oct and race gas and it is better. have fun with the kit, its been fun for me a whole new bike now. All I need is for my new chain, sprocket, and swing arm to come and its' done for now. :)

· Registered
134 Posts
i have a kitaco 88 kit ( cylinder, carb, cam). and i put on the TB 88 head package (head, high compression piston, and cam) and it rips. i run 91 octane and it run hard. i recommend Trail Bikes to anyone that dosnt want to spend double the money for a name!

· Registered
3,869 Posts
Love mine, runs like a raped ape. Just got done instaling my Heavy Duty timing chain because the stock stretched like crazy. By the way I run 93 and mine is great.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got back from riding it, this thing rips. I havent peged it all the way yet but so far I love it. How long should the break in be? I run vp red. Apex where do you live? Im in roseville

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only problem is with my throttle cable. there is something wrong because my bike idles high(i did mess with the idle screw). The top of the 20mm carb rubs my frame but not that much. When I move the throttle cable it revs high. I dont mean when i pull it. info?

G

·
your cable is to tight. if you can adjust it. also make sure that the cable is all the way into your carb cap and isn't hung up on something. it might also not be into the grove under the slide.

· Registered
10,051 Posts
Shorten the cable. The Kitaco cable that comes with the VM26 carb is 18 inches too long. My TB cable was too long, and I would have to assume it's longer due to the large number of people who run risers and taller bars. Cut the inner cable, pull it all the way out, cut the outer cable to length, get a soldier on end from motonpro, and be done with it.

If you haven't done this before, find someone who knows what they are doing before you proceed hacking up your cable.

· Registered
3,869 Posts
I actually found mine to be just the right length. Mine acted up and was sticking when I first put it on, turned out that it just needed to be oiled. I would try that before anything else as we thought mine was binding up. It was the metal part that goes into the throttle that needed the lubing and was binding up, after oiling it turns so easy now.

· Registered
3,869 Posts
Your not alone with the tapping. Mine does it to, dont have a clue what it is, new timing chain, I know its not hitting the head, valves are adjusted perfect, just has a weird noise. I dont care anymore though, still runs perfectly.

· Registered
397 Posts
just out of curiosity did you guys you 2 guys go from a stocker to an 88? because the big bore just seems to make the engine louder IMO

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.