PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a tb108cc stroker crank on my crf50.

It has a tb race head, piston, and cylinder along with hv oil pump.

My problem is when I start the bike up it knocks very loud it kind of sounded like the piston was making contact with something so I took the head off and piston and valves show no signs of contact at all.

Anyone have any ideas it seems to be getting worse and I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adjusted them both more times than I can remember. I even kicked it over without the rockers with the valves sitting closed all the time and it still did it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
XRshfifty said:
forget a bearing when installing the stroker crank?

I don't have any extra parts laying around that I am aware of.

Branyers said:
What clutch are you running? Are you sure the noise is coming from your top end?

100% positive its coming from the cylinder/head of the engine.

The most confusing part is the knock literally goes away as rpm's increase. It is really loud at idle but if I turn the idle screw to raise the idle it nearly goes away.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is the flywheel tight? Do you hear it if you turn the crank by hand? I just built a tb108 with no problems, but I have left the flywheel nut loose before and makes a noise as you describe. HTH

Derek

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Nick-G said:
I recently installed a tb108cc stroker crank on my crf50.

It has a tb race head, piston, and cylinder along with hv oil pump.

My problem is when I start the bike up it knocks very loud it kind of sounded like the piston was making contact with something so I took the head off and piston and valves show no signs of contact at all.

Anyone have any ideas it seems to be getting worse and I can't figure it out.

Your crank could be hitting the oil pump drive shaft. Or you could have a bad rod bearing right from the factory.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.