PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... has anyone here put on those tapered bearings from bbr or whoever else makes them? I have the bbr forks and I am guessing that I have to remove the bearing race at the bottom that comes with those forks (that allows the use of the stock bearings.) These new bearings come with their own race to fit the tapered style bearings. Also when I try and put on the bottom race from the new bearings.. it is a lil tight... do I just bang on them with a rubber mallet until it slides down ( after removign the stock type race that comes with the bbr forks)? Any suggestions .. thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok.. kewl.. how do I get the bearing race that is on the forks now... off. Pry it off? Thanks again

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well.. I can say that I am tore up now... I finally get the stock bbr bearing race off of the forks.. it was on there pretty good. I get the new bbr tapered set on the head stem and pound the new races into the frame. and walla! there is not enough head stem to put on the top triple clamps and head stem nut. :evil: now.. i must be retarded because supposedly this is supposed to work.. I am so irritated right now I am about to take those bearings and shovem up the manufacturers a$$. So why don't they fit right to give me enough room to put on the triple clamp... looks like I will be sending them back with a big ole middle finger waving high. This is rediculous 8O

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see.. maybe I put them on wrong.. can you give me a step by step of what goes where... I know that must sound dumb.. but obviously I need help hehehe thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.