PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... my mate and I have 2004 CRF50F's with 88cc kits ... mines the Takegawa 88cc Hyper S Stage and his is the Kitaco ...

Which do you guys think makes more power if any ???

thx

Kerb

:p

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Hey dude,

welcome to P.M. theres not much difference there both 88cc. Now if you added a aftermarket head or ported your stock head. A good choice of a cam, the right Carb. then they can be compared......

There is a great knowleadge of performance and know how on this site to help you choose the best way to HOPUP and TWEAK your Fiddie.

The Takegawa and Kitaco Companys make top quality kits and parts you cant go wrong with ether one. there are also a few other aftermarket companys that make parts that are cheaper in price and are compairable to the preformance of the two companys mentioned.

Hope this helps dude ask and you shall learn........Later>..OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
or as i like to call the parts........BAD A$$........TB aint got S*** on the high end kits from kitaco and takagawa.

but they are close in quality and performance......kitaco se or takagawa superhead/twinspark are the ones to go for if you got the money to spend.

and i dont wanna hear anybody tell me that the TB will smoke a 88se or 88superhead. you know your full of yourself. people dont believe me that my bike is a 88. my bike will pull any 88 out there. been there done that.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
PIMPINdaHOES said:
or as i like to call the parts........BAD A$$........TB aint got S*** on the high end kits from kitaco and takagawa.

but they are close in quality and performance......kitaco se or takagawa superhead/twinspark are the ones to go for if you got the money to spend.

and i dont wanna hear anybody tell me that the TB will smoke a 88se or 88superhead. you know your full of yourself. people dont believe me that my bike is a 88. my bike will pull any 88 out there. been there done that.

How about we spend equal amounts money on a motor and see which one is faster? You would lose! Hint: For what you spend on an 88SE, I'd purchase a Honda Nice 110 bone stock and smoke you. For what you spend on a Kitaco 124SE, I'd bore and stroke my Honda Nice to 160cc's and would make you look silly.

The original post is about bore kits, not full race motors. If you put up a TB kit against either the takegawa or Kitaco bore kit, the TB kit will run just as good or better for half the price, mostly due to the fact the cylinders and pistons are produced in the same factory in Taiwan.

I don't see TB putting out high-end full race parts. They have the ability to, but the market is severely limited. For every person building a Kitaco SE motor, there are 30-50 people purchasing a standard bore kit.

The person with the fastest bike (not taking the rider into consideration) is usually the person with the deepest pockets and the highest level of stupidity for spending Chevy Small block rebuild money for the sake of looking cool to a bunch of friends. I've been there, but through experience, in the long run, it's pretty pointless unless you are racing for cash or points in a series.

How many races have you won?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
... hey guys ... thx for the replies ... good to see a thriving community in the Fiddies ... Just got my CRF50F the other day ... been riding a PeeWee for a while ...

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Yes ... I'm an Aussie ... Taking up on this craze ... 8O

My Takegawa kit is the Hyper Stage S ... which includes ...

- 88cc Aluminium cyclinder

- 88cc piston, rings, circlips and wrist pin

- Performance roller bearing camshaft

- Complete gasket kit

- PC20 Keihin carburetor with throttle cable, mounting hardware and gaskets

- Aluminum high flow intake manifold

- Takegawa high flow air filter

- Spark Plug

Pic a URL here ... http://www.chilli50s.com/prod4.htm

... my mates Kitaco is the same as my Takegawa, in that it's a cylinder, piston, high lift cam, intake pipe and carb inclusive ... dunno on carb specs thou ...

thx

Kerb

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Dan,

you need to buy something for the dirt for a change.....Give that a try see if you can do it to it off road. 8)

Later ..................OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Got a dirt bike coming from China. Cost me $500, new in the crate, 110cc Jincheng Motor, 4 speed manual, front disc brake, 10" wheels.

Can't beat that with a stick... If it breaks, I'll upgrade, but I can't see it being any better or worse than a stock 50 for 1/2 the price.

I laugh when I see the other chinese bikes selling for $1500-$2000, when I'll virtually have the same thing for chump change. I guess it's good to have contacts in China!

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
hey Z. this post is about 88 kits......not a 124se

and you have no idea how much i spent on my motor....but im sure that not everybody has the know how like you do to build a TB to S*** on a se motor. nor do most have the time and money for the trial and error to get the right combination(take a quick look on your shelves....how many wasted/spare parts do you have from trial and error?).....simply bolt on the se motor and you have a winning motor as is. do a lil more work to it and make it even nuttier. we are talking 88 kits here so drop your 110 and 160 nice motor talk. we arent comparing apples to oranges here we are comparing the quality and performance of a bolt on 88 kit.

check yo self.

o Z just got owned!!

muahahaha

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Damn good deal,

you will have to keep us all posted when it comes in.

Later.........OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
PIMPINdaHOES said:
hey Z. this post is about 88 kits......not a 124se

and you have no idea how much i spent on my motor....but im sure that not everybody has the know how like you do to build a TB to S*** on a se motor. nor do most have the time and money for the trial and error to get the right combination(take a quick look on your shelves....how many wasted/spare parts do you have from trial and error?).....simply bolt on the se motor and you have a winning motor as is. do a lil more work to it and make it even nuttier. we are talking 88 kits here so drop your 110 and 160 nice motor talk. we arent comparing apples to oranges here we are comparing the quality and performance of a bolt on 88 kit.

check yo self.

o Z just got owned!!

muahahaha

You can't call Owned! Someone else has to call owned, you big knucklehead...

Have you won any sanctioned races with that 88SE of yours you talk so highly of? I'm beginning to think you are a poser!

I'm a mere backyard hobbiest who has street legal minis I ride around on for fun. No reason to go high $$ for me, as I have no reason to go faster than 60mph.

Can we change your screen name to posingdahoes?

:lol:

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
muahahah

nice comeback.

but owned is owned take it like it is. ;)

ive raced one race with my 88se(dirt). last saturday. broke a chian tensioner first moto and broke my toe and pulled a bunch of musle and tendons and stuff from my knee down to my toes. looked like i had a baseball in my ankle.

ive raced one motard race when the motor had too much crankcase venting giving me no power on the bottom rpm's. got 4 or 5th overall in the 50 open class......hmm against a bunch of stroked motors, and cam(88se, running with the wind). then got 2nd in the big boy class. almost passed up jason from skunkwerx on their 124cc monster. i think he was cruisin for a bit.

havent put but only 10 hours tops on the motor. and 5 hours tops on the perimeter frame. just wait you perv(o man:lol:). a lil practice and a whole lotta gettin in shape and ill be all tuned up to go.

"Can we change your screen name to posingdahoes?"

only if we can change your name to "HighSchoolDramaQueen"??

:lol:

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Sounds like you didnt practice enough and let the bike get the best of you. :oops:

get your ass back on that bike A.S.A.P and dont let it get the best of you again!!!! And dont hide behind your Injuries go out and prove it was a fluke 8) .............

No whiners here Bro....... :wink:

Later .............................OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Pimpin, Ill put my bike up against you in a race anytime, and whoop your ass hahaha. Hop a flight to FLorida for our PM ride day and well see how well that 88 se really is.:lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.