PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I like this cam that I bought from miniman (thanks miniman!)

I did not dyno the motor before I changed out the cam, but I did record some video runs and grabbed a still frame at the 1/10 mile mark with the stock cam and the Takegawa cam. As you can tell by my surroundings in the pictures and the "0.1" on the meter, I was able to consistently record a 1/10 mile run for each cam.

Stock Zongshen cam with 15/31 sprocket combo:

Takegawa cam with 15/31 sprocket combo:

A nice 3.1 MPH gain in 1/10 mile and I haven't even ported the head! This cam really gets moving between 8K to 10.5K RPMs. Next I have a 56mm piston going in next. After that, I'll so some runs with the with 15/31 sprocket combo and then swap out the 15T with a 17T. After all that, I'll dyno the motor.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
reynolds_brad said:
which takegawa cam is it?

r20?

The packaging says S-Stage E-type camshaft #001-08-036. The biggest difference that I can see between the stock and Takegawa cam is duration. When I get the cyl bored and port the head, I'll put a degree wheel on and measure the duration. Lift is about the same, so I used my stock springs. No valve floating issues at all.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fastbmw said:
No better proof than top speed!

Hitting over 72mph with the stock cam and 15/31 combo. Not sure with the Takegawa. Maybe I'll get close to 80mph with the 56mm piston, porting and a 17t on front? I don't know. Maybe drop 15lbs of fat!:)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Takegawa made this cam for the Chinese motors with the short style cam(Zongshen, GPX, Jincheng, ...). I had heard that Takegawa was making cams for the Chinese motors but had not seen one until Kurlon saw miniman's cam for sale in the classifieds.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's is a 125 soon to be a 133.

The 110 is on the bench. I want to mod it and install in my XR70R mini-motard project.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
When the mass-produced cams were not made available for these engines, I sent my cam off to webcamshafts.com and had them grind on a #3 for an e22 head. They have 4 other grinds to choose from from mild to wild that will suit. Have a look at those. Since then, I have had another #3 ground into my atc125m engine, and although I am experiencing valve float at the moment, it is leaps and bounds faster than stock.

So, if you can't find a takegawa cam to fit, you can get one ground...and they are only like 88 bucks.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fatcaaat said:
When the mass-produced cams were not made available for these engines, I sent my cam off to webcamshafts.com and had them grind on a #3 for an e22 head. They have 4 other grinds to choose from from mild to wild that will suit. Have a look at those. Since then, I have had another #3 ground into my atc125m engine, and although I am experiencing valve float at the moment, it is leaps and bounds faster than stock.

So, if you can't find a takegawa cam to fit, you can get one ground...and they are only like 88 bucks.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to bookmark that for the motard build.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks d0n, racerx351.

I have not tried a top speed run yet. Maybe during spring break with camera on board. ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Video of Takegawa Vs Zongshen cam runs (PIP)

I was able to find a add-on for moviemaker to create a PIP video of a stock cam and Takegawa cam run. My drag racing skills are terrible:oops:, but the starts did sync up ok. Its a short video, but you can see how the Takegawa performs against the stock cam.

Remember, this is a stock bore(stock compression) and the head is not ported. It isn't that impressive other than giving a good way to compare the two cams.

Here is the link to the video.

[video=google;-6583591726386479774]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6583591726386479774[/video]

·
Administrator
11,380 Posts
1TrikZB said:
I was able to find a add-on for moviemaker to create a PIP video of a stock cam and Takegawa cam run. My drag racing skills are terrible:oops:, but the starts did sync up ok. Its a short video, but you can see how the Takegawa performs against the stock cam.

Remember, this is a stock bore(stock compression) and the head is not ported. It isn't that impressive other than giving a good way to compare the two cams.

Here is the link to the video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6583591726386479774

bobby v... Nice video and upgrade. Looks warm where you are. :)

tmas

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
18t?

X7rocks said:
real nice vid makes me want to get one of those cams specially with my gearing of 18 front 32 rear...to bad my aint a zb...

Thanks X7.

Do you know where can I get a 18T that will fit the bigger 20mm shafts?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.