PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the takegawa 88cc s-stage kit, then ordered a super oil pump, heavy duty cam chain and heavy duty valve springs, plus heavy duty clutch springs, new clutch, and 2bros pipe, takegawa 15 front sprocket, and factory metals 38 rear. I already had the takegawa rev box, and takegawa chrome breath pipe, and I was wondering if I could purchase the SPA super head, so my bike would be the takegawa 88 superhead kit and have close to 10 or more HP, instead of buying the whole other kit just for the super head. If I can do this, where can I buy the head at?

thanks, Tony

·
Registered
269 Posts
Tekagawa does sell the upgrade to super head. Ive found that it is cheaper to sell your 88s stage and buy the super head kit then just adding the upgrade.

The upgrade kit is only about a 100 less then the complete kit and you could sell a good condition use s stage for 250-300 with out the carb. This will allow you to save a few bucks and get a new cylinder as well.

Later Atom RoTTeN

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
An 88cc Takegawa with a superhead will not come close to putting down 10 hp. You are looking at between 7.5-8.5 depending on the rest of your setup.

A 108 with a stroker crank puts down 10.5-11.5 depending on combination.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the takegawa 88cc s-stage kit, takegawa rev box, takegawa chrome breathe pipe, takegawa super oil pump, takegawa heavy duty cam chain, two brothers pipe, if/when I get the new race head I would upgrade to a 20mm carb. What eles would I have to buy to make the bike run it's best? Also how much power you guys think that setup would put out? What eles could I buy to make it perform better after I get the new complete race head, while keeping just the 88cc kit?

thanks, Tony

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Really kinda depends on the track style and how you ride. Also do you like your bike to have more low end and responce or more top end. The 20mm will give you very good throttle crispness and off bottom pull. The 22 will be better for about high mid to till it quits revvin. So it all depends on your style, what kind of riding you do and track setup. Although I will say that a 20mm is about the perfect setup for a 88 race head.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.