PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Air screw is up to 1/4 throttle

Needle is 1/4-3/4 throttle

Main Jet is 3/4 to WOT

You could be dead on, and your needle could be in the wrong position. Trial and error...

Dan

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Actually it was my understanding that its this way

Fuel Screw is 0-1/4

Needle is 1/4-3/4

And Main is actually from 1/4-WOT

The main can affect your bike no matter what the throttle position because it is the jet that controls the overal amount of feul that is going through the carb.

It sounds like you could be slightly rich on the Main, but not enough to need to drop as low as a 80, as they could be far enough to burn up the motor by running it to lean. (Note to Five0: dont suggest such a drastic change in main as that is a very good and quick way to melt a piston and seize a topend) but instead I would suggest maybe trying a 85 main and playing with your needle setting and fuel screw setting.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
thats what atomRoTTen runs on his 88cc-20mmcarb combo.

ive posted it before and someone said it was perfect.

its a spot to start, and if your pluglooks lean jump up a couple sizes.

read the tune guide.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Attom may run that jet setup in his carb but he probably also lives at a different elevation with differernt humidities in the air, tempatures, and a number of other variables that can greatly affect jetting. What works for Atom could burn up someone elses motor. Like for example mine, if I was to try and run a 80 main in my motor, it would melt my piston, trust me, Ive tried it. I was to rich when I first got it, went to far down on the main to a 82 and it was running dangerous lean, so I settled on a 85 which is right on the money. This is the reason I said for him to start by going down about 2 steps, but really, he needs to do a plug chop and see just what the plugs color is reading, then tell us that and then we can really start to help him from there, until then we are just kind of shooting in the dark.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Not saying that wasnt a good assumtion, majority of the mini riders seem to be in Cali, but jetting can also carry from one location in Cali to another just as much. Dont ever feel bad or dumb, were all just here to learn and help, and you were just trying to help. But yea, we definetly need to make a sticky at the top with a link to that Carb Tuning guide you made on Minis to the Max, as that is a very good guide.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.