PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up i just got the takegawa 88 kit and i got a couple questions....

first off do i need to run race gas with the kit due to the higher compression?

and my other question is when i am in higher rpms, i notice it seems like the bike almost dies then gets the throttle response again...once this happened i went back and went to turn my bike off and got electicuted by my kill switch....and the kill swtich didnt work...is the switch the cause of the bike seeming to die...like it shorted out and thats why the bikes response was lost for a second...? i am gonna put my stock on off key switch back in my chromo frame and see how that works... anyone else have any ideas what happened?

thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
is it almost like a rev limiter because my bike with BBK and larger carb is doing it also and apparently is running too rich check your plug if its black you to rich if its white and kinda powdery its too lean ya want it lite brown , as for you getting shocked it sound like a bad ground for the kill switch so it grounded through you

good luck

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i checked my plus after break in and its perfect...

im thinkin im just not grounded...i have my switch on my subframe close to were it connects to the frame....and i had to use tape to make it fit snugg...so i rigged up something to where i would have the wire grounded and it worked for a bit but must not be anymore...ill jsut go back to my ignition key switch thing

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
438 Posts
id say its not a ground thats making your bike die. But a lack of one. The kill switch works by grounding out. If your not getting one it would not work.

I think that would be the cause of your crappy response as well as you may have some needle adjustments in yoru carb to take care of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.