PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the Takegawa 106cc superhed kit does it make good power what do you think of it. Should I get the Takegawa 106 Superhead kit or the Kitaco 108 Ultra head kit or just go with the Takegawa 115 Super head kit ? whitch one would be best for MX use in a crf70 with a tb manaul clutch kit

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I rode a Kitaco 108 UltraHead this weekend with a PPS clutch and Inner Rotor, very fast, mainly and especially God aweful amounts of lowend torque.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
But I have a question, why not install a TB 88 Race Head, then put the 51mm crank in it, just as fast and not as expensive.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Jetster220 said:
But I have a question, why not install a TB 88 Race Head, then put the 51mm crank in it, just as fast and not as expensive.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner..

51mm stroker crank and piston kit:

309-1083500 Kitaco Stroker Crankshaft

350-1083411 Kitaco Stroker Piston Kit - 12 V

Order from sik50's

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Wait a sec, how did you arrive at that conclusion again. I think all three heads are basically identical performance wise. But I would go TB race head and stroke it. But, if you want to choose between just the Take motor and the Kitaco, Id say go Takegawa, for one they use roller bearing cams and steel valves so they will probably hold up longer and require less maintence.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i got a 88 superhead kit and i tell ya when I look at the head its a piece of work I also have a HRC head witch TB said is the same as his race head well I dont think they are But anyway the Super heads are the best performance head next to the newer SE heads and My freind is looking to get the best power for his 70 with a stroker kit and I want to get him brand name stuff and a complete kit I dont want to peice it together and money really isnt and option for this dude but he has a tb clutch and doesnt want to have to do a takegawa clutch and tranny as he is useing a TB clutch with a DRatv 4speed 1 down 3 up with a LA SLeeve 88kit and the tb head is pretty much just a 70 head anyway

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Got ya. But the TB head is definetly not just a 70 head. My on a xr70 is running the TB88 minus the head, and my bike has way more power than his 70, definetly would not say the xr70 head is comparible to the TB head. And also truefully, when I rode my TB 88 Race head back to back with the Kitaco 108 Ultra Head, the ultra head did not feel any faster overall power wise compared to my TB motor, it had gobs more lowend due to it being a stroker but my 88 felt like it had more topend and pulled harder. I would say the TB head is equal in performance wise to the Take Superhead and Kitaco Ultrahead, I think only the Kitaco Se heads are superior. But I do agree that out of all of the heads the Takegawa are definetly the best looking heads Ive seen.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Do any of you guys have a chart or spects on how much different heads FLOW CFM ???

Example: Superhead compared to a TB Race head what is the CFM flow

or E-22 type head to a SE or ULTRA head

If anyone can do this you could find the ultamate head to run?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jetster220: xr70 is running the TB88 minus the head, and my bike has way more power than his 70, definetly would not say the xr70 head is comparible to the TB head.

ya but if u put his motor in ur bike and urs in his and youll still beat him with the extra weight of the 70 and the big wheels with the tranny ratio being different also. it just ROBS alot of power as we tried this and ya I still beat him with his motor in my bike and my motor in his bike a 70

try it one boring day you will be suprised

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
KAOS said:
Jetster220: xr70 is running the TB88 minus the head, and my bike has way more power than his 70, definetly would not say the xr70 head is comparible to the TB head.

ya but if u put his motor in ur bike and urs in his and youll still beat him with the extra weight of the 70 and the big wheels with the tranny ratio being different also. it just ROBS alot of power as we tried this and ya I still beat him with his motor in my bike and my motor in his bike a 70

try it one boring day you will be suprised
Interesting! Very good points.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.