PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys,

Just removed the baffle out of my daughter's 03 xr50 and also added a uni filter . Now it is definately running lean as the plug has turned to a white tip .

I live in Iowa in the midwest at an average elevation of 1500 ft. above sea level. I ordered a 60 and a 62 main that I will play around with in the next couple of days.

Which one will run the best for my location ?

I will let you know who "won" the prize.

Raz

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
More than likely, both of them. It'll be a matter of playing around with the needle.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well guys,

I jumped from the 58 to the 62 . I have changed from a white tip to a black sooty one. I am also now two notches down on the clip, I went to the bottom notch on the clip and it was "blubbering" so now I am down two from stock.

Think I should throw the 60 in since the plug is all sooty ? What about the needle ?

You guys know way more than I do about these little bikes and trying to squeeze that little bit more power out of them than I am. I am used to dealing with bigger bikes and a 1/2-1 hp. doesn't make all that big of a difference.

Thanks,

Raz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.