PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im thinkin about makin my own extended swinger

one question is the vertical pipe at the costum swingers longer then the stock one?

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
this will change how the shock will preform with the leverage and other forces that come into play with the stock style swingarm. its going to take alot of thought to get the angles and lengths right

luck!

·
Registered
938 Posts
performance and travel will increase the more you lower the shock mount, but it will put more leverage on the shock so you will have to make up for that with a heavier spring rate.

oh and most aftermarket swingarms have the stock mount hight. probably just so the customer wont have to set their shock up to much differently...

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe i just cant bring it in the right words...

i just wanted to know if the difference between the lower mounting (where the chain slider is at) and the mounting of the shock are the same at aftermarkt swinger like them of the stock swinger

i think thormx answered tjhat one..have i gotten that right?

all i want to do is stretch them arms that go to the back..and if it doesnt work im gonna buy an aftermarket one :wink:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lol: yeah them swinger nice action too....anyway

the problem is im from germany and the most company dont ship over here

and from crf50racer.com i aint hearin ood news :oops:

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'll ship it to ya if you want, but you'd have to pay for the shipping to my house on top of the shipping to German.

·
Registered
787 Posts
From Tx(where classic honda is) to me would be I'm guessing aroud $10-$15

I just shipped some xr70 parts to Australia, and the package I shipped was a little smaller, but close to the same weight. It was like $25 for 4-6week, or $44 for 7-10 day service. I had to fill out a customs form. No big deal.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
damn...i got another idea....

between the mounting of the shock and the swinger put like a 2" piece of metal...like an adapter...what u think of that?

thanks for ur help 50man anyway...but that aint too cool....

otherwise....im thinkin about it :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not trying to spam or anything, but I have a Classic Honda swinger laying around. Barely even used the thing. It's just been sitting here collecting dust since I got my Five-O. If you want it, shipping to Germany wouldn't be a problem and I'd let it go cheap.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
damn doublepost but i need to know sumthin and i think....u know it

i now got the oppurtunity to get a x sport 107 swinger...

2 questions:

will it fit my stock frame?

is it longer then my stock swinger?

i can get it for 50 euros which is pretty damn fine...for a poor suckjer like me :/

·
Registered
787 Posts
An xr70 swing arm is I belive a +2". The only thing is that tab that the brake drum slides into needs to be moved back on an xr70 swinger, but I would imagine that x-sport would go on the frame easy, but I don't know if you'd have to do any modification to get your rear brake to work as the x-sports are disc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I actually have one of those too... :)

It's an XR70 swingarm (so it's about 2" longer), so it has XR70 suspension angles (leverage). You would be best served by getting an XR70 iShock for it as well or a XR70 Works Performance shock. It's made of mild steel so it can still bend. I know mine is bent. :p That's why I switched to Classic cro-mo swingarm in the first place. I had to get an XR50 shock and a longer chain for it (it's about 0.5" longer than XR70/Xsport swingarm).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.