PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told this was a good mod to lower the bike for a child that is not quite tall enough for the 100 stock shock.
Does anyone know if this is a direct bolt on or will something need to be modified. I read some place that the lower shock mounting bolt is larger for the Suzuki than what is stock on the honda. Anyone done this or have any info?

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have an older model 100, 85-00 you can flip the linkage to lower the bike. You can also get a dnm shock and back off the preload or run XR80 wheels?
I thought about the XR80 wheels but this is cheaper. I have 2002 XR100R. I installed the DS80 rear shock. I did have to use a different linkage collar for the lower shock mount. The Suzuki uses a 10mm bolt in that location while the stock honda is 8mm. This is going to be a good mod to lower the bike for my son but the bike is essentially unrideable for an adult. The DS80 shock has a much softer spring rate and most likely the linkage is different and the swingarm is longer. All of this creates way too much sag for a heavy rider. Its not on the ground yet but if I run into any further issues I will post it.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This mod is a huge win for my 65 pound son. Also gives the bike a similar seat height to the CRF/XR 80 but retains the larger wheels. I raised the forks about an inch in the triple clamps which helps to keep the bike balanced front to back.
Easy to do and I did not have to buy a 80. I have owned this 100 since 2006 and plan to keep it until no one in my family wants to ride it any more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.