PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a klx with KX 60 front suspension and a BBR Super pro swinger with the Elka.

My questions start with if I throw a set of zokes on the bike how will the bike sit with the super pro swinger? If it will be un-level then what options are there and which ones would you recommend.

I already have the forks, just need a triple's...heres the second question.

With the KTM 65 triple clamp all I need is a tampered bearing kit and they should bolt up...correct?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Dasupertech said:
With the KTM 65 triple clamp all I need is a tampered bearing kit and they should bolt up...correct?

Depends...Which Marzocchi forks do you have:

KTM Marzocchi's with KTM 65SX lugs?

Marzocchi's with Kawi KX65 lugs? or

Marzocchi's with Marzocchi lugs?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Zokes I have came on a Polini XP65...I have not bought the triple yet. I guess I could look and see if the polini triple clamp might work.

Polini uses a AJP front brake.

How can I tell which ones I have?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Do you already have the wheel, spacers, and brakes too?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes from the polini...but thought I might adapt a 4 piston caliper on the front but for now I will probably use the stock stuff from the polini.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I don't know if the Polini triples would work. Maybe? Might have to get adapter spacers made for it; as long as the steering stem is tall enough. (or press in a KLX or KTM stem?)

I just measured up some KTM triples for you:

166mm Forks center to center

bottom triple fork clamp: 48mm

top triple fork clamp: 45mm

steering stem diameter: 20mm

205mm measured from the bottom of the lower bearing to the top of the steering stem/nut

See if these measurements line up with your Polini front end.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't measure the Polini triples, i just bought a set of KTM 65 triples....

Will I be able to get the bike to level out ok with the Zoke legs and the rear BBR Super pro swinger w/elka shock?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Yeah, it should sit okay.

My Marzocchi's are 734.5mm from the center of the axle to the lip of the top cap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts