PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit I'm not much of a suspension expert. I grew up learning to ride around (or though) handling issues (my first road bike was a kawi triple). While my P190 has fully adjustable suspension I can't say it made much of a difference adjusting comp/rebound. Also one of the guys I'm banging bars with has a KLX with about 2" of fork travel before it hydrolocks, so he's basically running w/o any and he's cornering as fast as I am. I suspect it might be because the 12" Mitas tires have a tall and soft sidewalls, so like go karts the suspension is really in the tires.

All I've done for setup is raise the forks in the clamps for quicker steering, which I found also helps reduce the tendency to push the front but that's the only real noticeable change. Otherwise I haven't (or don't notice) any chatter, hopping over bumps or anything that really suggests an issue with the suspension keeping the wheels on the pavement. And I've been on a few bumpy tracks. Anyone else experience this?

I should add converted to a dirt bike I've seen some major improvements with adjusting the suspension, so the adjustments work.

·
Registered
385 Posts
When I raced a couple of seasons back working the the available adjustments did help at our tracks
Most part was compression was typically full stiff/hard as possible
Worked with rebound depending on what track

·
Registered
166 Posts
I find that with these minis, suspension setup only really covers for inexperince and not being smooth. The fastest guy I raced against rides a bone stock klx110 and he is faster than me in the corners on the same tires. He is just a better rider and goes faster, I can't ride a softly sprung bike because it feels so loose.

It's a comfort thing, the only real tuning is to make sure the rear doesn't pogo other than that you are the biggest factor in your suspension

1 - 3 of 3 Posts