PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
i no, looks good, might want to try it out.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
I think they mean its a good coil for the inner rotor kit. I have just put 1 on my bike that has the inner rotor kit and 1 one another that has a stock style ignition with a kitaco rev box and lightend fly wheel. They seem to work really good. I used it on the bike with the inner rotor kit and it deffinetly wakes the bottom end and throttle response up a bit. And about the aluminum screw kit they are'nt for a xr50 I tried to order them and they say not for xr50 but I have used the aluminum screws and they work fine you can buy kits from the shops they sell them for the road race bikes and on those you can save about 2 to 4 pounds by just changing to aluminum screws but on a fidy you wont save much weight from changing the screws to alloy I would think thats the main purpose for the alloy screws

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyone got any pics of a turned(lightened") flywheel? im thinkin of drillin some holes in the mofo but could i sereously damage somethin? is there any way to pull the flywheel w/o a puller?

·
Registered
755 Posts
five0addict said:
anyone got any pics of a turned(lightened") flywheel? im thinkin of drillin some holes in the mofo but could i sereously damage somethin? is there any way to pull the flywheel w/o a puller?

i don't know about that man doesn't it need to be balanced or it won't spin right ?

·
Registered
461 Posts
yes it has to be balanced. if u drill holes make sure u measure it all out several times untill its perfect, and dont make them to big or it will break. u would be better off taking it to a lathe and shaving it, (again, evenly) but be carefull. dont shave to much cuz it can crack, break, or not work properly if its not done right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.