PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
www.powerbikeusa.com used to sell the supercharger kits for all 50's. However, the kit absolutely sucked and caused nothing but problems.

Also, the dual carb setup is vaporware.

I've seen 5 50cc bikes with superchargers, and non of them ran right due to the poor design of the supercharger. But, I've seen a turbo Honda CT70, and it was the fastest thing I've ever seen. It was made from junkyard parts, and before the engine let go, it was a runner.

Another guy is working on a supercharger for a Honda Monkey.

www.monkeybike.com He hasn't got the kinks worked out, and is doing it more for show then go.

If you want extra power, build a Honda Nice motor out to 160cc's and toss some N20 on it. I think 35HP should be plenty of power for anyone who wants it. The Honda Nice motor will bolt right up to an XR50 frame, and with some minor wiring modifications, the motor would be a beast.

Disclaimer - If you do this and kill yourself, I'm not responsible. :D

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
it looks so shiny and powerful, that would definetly get looks!

so.. it doesnt work??? why the hell sell em if you cant make your motor run with it??? for 1600 bones it better run, and DANM good at that!! it says 20 hp on a 50cc motor on the classic honda site. r they lying? W.T.F.!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.