PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

· Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright guys its starting to get cold here so I figured its time to post this and give everyone plenty of time to make plans! This is the biggest indoor pit bike race on the east coast and gets bigger every year. Starting to get more and more people showing up out of state as well. Last year they ran 3 heats for the 12" open class and also ran LCQ for the guys that didn't make it out of the heats. At this event they run big bikes, quads and minis but the pit bikes are the main show beside the big bike money class. For all you guys saying its too far of a drive, I got Koby to fly out last year and may be making the trip again this year. Also had Brent Molitor drive 12 or so hours from Minnesota with a roller, relying on me for a motor. Still hoping the 2up crew catches onto this and brings out there rig as well.

- Practice is on Thursday nights, races Friday and Saturday nights!
- January 9th and 10th
- February 27th and 28th
Adobe Muse Free Premium Theme

Class #1: 10" stock/mod rules: 10" front/rear max, 88cc max, oem forks and swingarm(internal suspension mods are ok), pipe, seat, handlebars, pegs are ok. NO CLUTCH!

Class #2: 12" stock/mod rules: 14" front and 12" rear max, 143cc max, oem forks and swingarm(internal suspension mods ok), pipe, seat, handlebars, pegs are ok. NO CLUTCH!

Class #3: Open $$ Rules: 14" front and 12" rear max, unlimited cc's, 4 stroke engine, air cooled, open cradle frames.

Any questions regarding pit bikes contact Jay Hershey - (440)-213-8041

Reactions: rdn50s

· Registered
101 Posts
I will proly show up for one of the Saturday night races if its not to cold . my old brittle bones will not take the cold . an some of the 2up crew used race summit when you were still wearing dippers young man
Haha! ya me and my buddy well be out to at least one of these. Johnson has been saying he would like to go to one

· Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like koby may be making an appearance again if everything goes as planned!

Reactions: koby686

· Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
each night is its own event. For the 12" open they do 2 heat races and take the top 5 to the main, also run a LCQ and take the top 2 to the main. The stock mod and 10" have one race, no qualifiers.

· Registered
295 Posts
Sounds cool, makes me want a full mod! I'm trying to get all things straightened out to make it. I've got the dates set aside and would probably come out for Thursday practice and then race the next two nights. Trying to get a couple of my big bike friends to come out too. Getting stoked!

· Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was told brent molitor will be making it out again as well, believe its around a 12 hour drive for him!

· Registered
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well we're down to about 4 weeks and not much talk in here!?

· Registered
295 Posts
My friends that were going to bring their big bikes bailed on me to take a trip to NC(which also sounds sweet). I still really want to go but I feel a little unsure riding by myself after making a 4 hour trip on my own to OH. I'd like to have at least one of my buds go with me. Who knows maybe something will change in the mean time. I'm trying to get at least one to go for the February races.

I've been wanting to go to this since November when I saw this thread lol. Have money saved up and everything just in case plans come together last minute!

· Registered
295 Posts
Oh man so tempted to just ditch out on work really hard and take off. I've been wanting to go to this so bad! At least for the practice and to ride the track, that would be great. Tomorrow I'll see if there is any way I can make some sort of arrangement, I'm debating going out there even if a few buddies can't commit. Ahhh decisions man. I'll let you know as soon as possible!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.