PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I am looking for inspiration for my 6V engine build. I am thinking to go for a 88cc conversion. Just to keep the cost somewhat down, and still get decent performance.
Considering this Takegawa R-stage Kit:

Another option could be a standard 70cc cylinder head and a 88 cc cylinder.

Does any of you have a good recipe? Maybe some tips what I should be looking at?

Considering running a Kitaco Keihin PC20 kit.

·
Super Moderator
3,333 Posts
Contact Monkeybiker.se - Mikael is the owner. Tbparts dealer.

For better performance at a better price go with a Tbparts.com V1 Race head 88cc kit with 20mm carb. Takegawa tends to be overpriced. Built in Taiwan along side Tbparts. Due to trade laws they get to slap Made in Japan on their boxes. Go with Tbparts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another question. If I go with an 88cc kit now. Would it be possible to stroke the engine at a later date to increase the volume?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Of course. If you stroked the 88, with a tb 51mm crank it would be a 108. Nothing changed but the crank. Well you would need a bigger carb :)
You would need to by the 6v stroker crank though, as well as the 6v 88 kit... to keep piston and valves happy, lol.

·
Administrator
10,499 Posts
What would have to be determined is which TB Parts 6V stroker crank is compatible with dalla's ST50 engine.

TBW0622 - 51mm Stroker Crankshaft - 6V Type with long rod for 3-speeds (68-79 3 Speed Z50 and 69-79 3 Speed CT70. Must use 12v new style pistons and 6v High Volume oil pump with this crank (for clearance)

TBW0713 - 51mm Stroker Crankshaft – 6v Type with long rod for 4 speeds (and some 3 speeds). 82-87 3 Speed Z50R, All 4 Speed CT70H/SL70/XL70, 80-81 3 Speed CT70, and 81-85 ATC70. Must use 12v new style pistons and 6v High Volume oil pump with this crank (for clearance)

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Hmm, as I have one bike with a daytona 150dte and there was a125 version from that engine as well this engine looks a lot different.
Not to say that this is bad but a old 125dte was 2.5 times that price...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts