PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo! im thinkin about getting into stunting. I've found this 140cc chinker, that looks decent. I think it was about 500$ or so, but if i found a costumer or 2 for that company, they would send me one 4 free. Decent of em, hehe.

w/ smaller rims

w/ bigger rims

Straight to the point, any1 tried to stunt with those or similar? Are the power good/enough to wheelie it? Is it hard to put a back-handbreak on that? What would it cost to have one put on it?

They have this bike in a smaller tire-model, and one with bigger rims. What would suit the best for stunting?

Thx for the help, holla blox - not lots! ;-)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I tried stunting with a dirt fiddy with a GPX 124 on it. It was pretty tough. With the big motor and moto suspension it makes the bike "twitchy" at balance point. If you want to stunt just pick up a used Honda. That's what I ended up doing for a stunt bike, and it's a night and day difference.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
hpiguy said:
I tried stunting with a dirt fiddy with a GPX 124 on it. It was pretty tough. With the big motor and moto suspension it makes the bike "twitchy" at balance point. If you want to stunt just pick up a used Honda. That's what I ended up doing for a stunt bike, and it's a night and day difference.

same here.. i tried stunting mattv's 124se in a perimiter frame bike and it was hard as hell to do..twitchy as hell and the bike felt weird for stunting.. the huge suspension make em feel heavy and the plushness of it makes balance point harder to maintane as the rear wheel is always moving underneath the bike... i'd say that if you do get one, make sure you get it with 10'' wheels as there are more street tires available for that size due to all the scooters adn stuff running around on 10's

the power on the chinker will probably be a bit more mellow.. most of them come with a low compression ratio from the factory for longevity of the motor.

as for putting a hand brake on it, you will ahve to make a custom box section adapter for that swingarm.... but over all , you can stunt anything..some things are just harder pull good tricks on ... also, you will probably never find a 12 bar for sale to fit it so again you'd have to build your own

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Keep in mind also that most dirt based knockoffs come with disc brakes instead of drums. This means that in order to hook up a handbrake setup you'll need to either plumb into the hydraulic system, or rig up a cable setup to pull the plunger attached to you're foot pedal.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
^^ Yeah, listen to Trizz and glenn. They've been at it a lot longer than I have. I bought the dirt fiddy first because I thought I'd be bored riding a stock Honda. And for anything other than stunting it sucks cause it's so weak. But for stunting you just can't beat a Honda. I wouldn't part with mine now for anything.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, Hondas are sweet but there not much around in Sweden.

Around here their really expensive. The cheapest USED one i can find costs around 1700$. The good part of it, is that the dirtbike on the pics is free, and i can easely get 2 or 3 same or different bikes from that company.

It's a good deal thogh :) But lets say i get this dirtbike. 140ccer, are they like twitchy in the gas-response? Is their anything i can do to the bike, motorwise, to make it smoother?

Holla!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.