1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I would bump up the pressure .

I just looked in my owners manual an it says ;

front : 15 psi

rear : 18 psi

I would try 20 in the rear and see how that goes .

Go higher if the tire still looks low when bounces up + down on it .

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
yz426quad said:
I just went to my local dealer and seen what the smallest rim lock they sold,i think it was a motion pro one i'm not quite sure it was a long time ago.
If you just went there how could you not be sure if it were a long time ago ?

OH I get it . :lol: You've done too many drugs in your time .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
379 Posts
just run a little more air I run 19 in the rear and 15 in the front I tore 4 tubes within 2 weeks running lower pressure.I have had the same tube for 3 months now and haven't torn out the valve stem. Are you running stock suspension and tires?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nadaposer said:
just run a little more air I run 19 in the rear and 15 in the front I tore 4 tubes within 2 weeks running lower pressure.I have had the same tube for 3 months now and haven't torn out the valve stem. Are you running stock suspension and tires?

The suspension is stock but he is running Michelin Starcross tires. He races mx and jumps the chit out of it :twisted: .

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
yz426quad said:
I fixed my post JohnnyB. Jeezze i've only been a member of this sight a 1/2hour and i'm getting burrrned 8O .

Dude , it's all good .

Just have'n some good ol fun . :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

YZ426 thinks to himself :

Make note to self .

Preview replies before submiting so JohnnyB won't burrrn me anymore . :roll:

WELCOME YZF426QUAD TO " PLANET MINIS .COM FAMILY !!!!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
491 Posts
it has nothing to do with teh suspenion. but how hard you break and if you hav a big bore kit make a difference too.

but i hav a good solution to AtvMxRyder problem, just check it! every once in an wile let the tire presure out and slide the tire back so the stem isn't angled. works for me, i hav never poped a tube 8)

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
ive heard of tubes getting ripped like that.. are you tightening down the stem nut too tight, too loose? i have mine just over finger tight, 10psi is the lowest ive used it at and theres no wear on the tube yet.

1 question, what kind of tire have you been using?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.