PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1970 CT70
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MUAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahahahaha...

As you can see I have two frames here that would generally be regarded as worth more or less nothing. One is caved in where the seat mounts and one has rust that would make it kinda sketch in the back.
See where I’m going with this?

Muahahahaha...

·
3,301 Posts
Got my popcorn. Let's start the show! 👍🏁👍

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
OOF. I had a C70 that looked just as bad. I regret not pulling the 108 motor out of it when I sold it.

Go wild with it.

·
Registered
1970 CT70
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So.

Here’s kinda my thought process behind making the bike Loooooonger©™️. Spaced the front section out using some round stock to line everything up, and now I’m fiddling with welding the neck with a little more material attached onto the front of that. I think if I make 2 cuts on either side of the pinch weld and massage the neck into place I’ll be golden. By “massage” I mean “whack with a hammer.”

BUT WAIT you cry, choking back aggressive tears. WHAT WILL POWER THIS MAJESTIC BEAST. Well. I’ll tell you.

The only logical choice

A TRX90 engine! Bought it off a guy putting a big piranha in the bike. The engine is complete. I got ahead of myself tho and took it apart before I even began taking pictures. Pull start and side cover are currently sitting in some simple green aircraft cleaner. Great stuff. Doesn’t eat aluminiuminini-ininum and absolutely destroys crud. Engine was running before he took it off the bike and came with the carb and wiring harness/coil as well. Didn’t want to fiddle with the wiring just to run it open head, so no video of that🥲.
I’m going to need a new side cover for this side, the current one seems to have been mugged by an angle grinder on it’s way home from loosing a boxing match with a drive chain. Also decided to open up the pull starter, partially because I’m dumb and partly because I figured it could use a good cleaning and re-greasing. I think I’ll put a new longer pull cord on it too. Also.

LOOK AT HOW CRUSTY THE FLYWHEELS IS!!!!
Ok so I kinda wanted to run through my plans with this and bounce around some ideas. Yes, peanut gallery, I do take requests, but no I won’t play Freebird (ok maybe I will, BUT ONLY BECAUSE J WANT TO). Originally I had planned to make this thing a real trick machine. I was gonna go full out. NSR forks. Disc brakes. G-craft swinger. Takegawa guts. Over racing forged wheels🥵. But then I remembered that that stuff is expensive! So I’m taking a new route. Everything on this bike is gonna be good parts. Gonna strive for mostly Honda, but will make due with what I can get my hands on. Just trying to avoid china stuff because it seemed like an interesting challenge. Another thing that swayed my decision was something that entered my life when my father and I took a trip over to oyster bay.

Beautiful machine. It’s a 1967 dovetail with a J head. While it isn’t the prettiest it is in perfect shape mechanically. And while I know to run a mill in theory this is my first time actually being able to take the reins. And as such I’ll be able to fab up all sorts of stuff and should be able to make any part fit however I want. The plan in the end is to have this bike be kinda fast. That’s way down the line tho. Sorry this was a long post. 🥔

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
So. View attachment 274258 View attachment 274259 View attachment 274261 View attachment 274262
Here’s kinda my thought process behind making the bike Loooooonger©™️. Spaced the front section out using some round stock to line everything up, and now I’m fiddling with welding the neck with a little more material attached onto the front of that. I think if I make 2 cuts on either side of the pinch weld and massage the neck into place I’ll be golden. By “massage” I mean “whack with a hammer.”

BUT WAIT you cry, choking back aggressive tears. WHAT WILL POWER THIS MAJESTIC BEAST. Well. I’ll tell you.

View attachment 274264
The only logical choice View attachment 274265
A TRX90 engine! Bought it off a guy putting a big piranha in the bike. The engine is complete. I got ahead of myself tho and took it apart before I even began taking pictures. Pull start and side cover are currently sitting in some simple green aircraft cleaner. Great stuff. Doesn’t eat aluminiuminini-ininum and absolutely destroys crud. Engine was running before he took it off the bike and came with the carb and wiring harness/coil as well. Didn’t want to fiddle with the wiring just to run it open head, so no video of that🥲.
I’m going to need a new side cover for this side, the current one seems to have been mugged by an angle grinder on it’s way home from loosing a boxing match with a drive chain. Also decided to open up the pull starter, partially because I’m dumb and partly because I figured it could use a good cleaning and re-greasing. I think I’ll put a new longer pull cord on it too. Also. View attachment 274266
LOOK AT HOW CRUSTY THE FLYWHEELS IS!!!!
Ok so I kinda wanted to run through my plans with this and bounce around some ideas. Yes, peanut gallery, I do take requests, but no I won’t play Freebird (ok maybe I will, BUT ONLY BECAUSE J WANT TO). Originally I had planned to make this thing a real trick machine. I was gonna go full out. NSR forks. Disc brakes. G-craft swinger. Takegawa guts. Over racing forged wheels🥵. But then I remembered that that stuff is expensive! So I’m taking a new route. Everything on this bike is gonna be good parts. Gonna strive for mostly Honda, but will make due with what I can get my hands on. Just trying to avoid china stuff because it seemed like an interesting challenge. Another thing that swayed my decision was something that entered my life when my father and I took a trip over to oyster bay.
View attachment 274267
Beautiful machine. It’s a 1967 dovetail with a J head. While it isn’t the prettiest it is in perfect shape mechanically. And while I know to run a mill in theory this is my first time actually being able to take the reins. And as such I’ll be able to fab up all sorts of stuff and should be able to make any part fit however I want. The plan in the end is to have this bike be kinda fast. That’s way down the line tho. Sorry this was a long post. 🥔
Are you selling it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts