PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm terrible at taking before pictures, so I don't have one, but I'll start from where I am and go from there. Bought it for 300, knew it needed a top end. Cylinder is trashed, going to buy a new one. Bled the brakes, cleaned the carb, needs a cylinder, radiator hoses and shrouds. Needs a fork rebuild too. Put some black number plates and grips I had laying around on it and here we are so far. May put custom springs in it for a grown person too. Im working on electrical ideas for lighting, as the stator definitely won't push lights. Ill keep it updated, stay tuned.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motocross Enduro

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rebuilt the forks today, everything looked really good, I was surprised. New oil and seals. Pulled the chain to wash in the zep washer, think I was able to revive it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Made a quick diagram tonight. Going to use 2 4000mah batteries in parallel to run an 18w headlight and 1.5 watt tail stop light. Only the stop lamp will have constant available power. Using a battery operated horn wired into the handlebar switch as a seperate circuit. Kill switch and ignition will be independent as well but tied into the switch to make it more natural feeling. Who wants individual switches crowding the bar?

Once it is together ill stop and wait for electronic parts, many are coming from overseas. May be 2 weeks or more between an update after it runs and rides.
Sketch Drawing Text Diagram Design

·
Registered
675 Posts
Made a quick diagram tonight. Going to use 2 4000mah batteries in parallel to run an 18w headlight and 1.5 watt tail stop light. Only the stop lamp will have constant available power. Using a battery operated horn wired into the handlebar switch as a seperate circuit. Kill switch and ignition will be independent as well but tied into the switch to make it more natural feeling. Who wants individual switches crowding the bar?

Once it is together ill stop and wait for electronic parts, many are coming from overseas. May be 2 weeks or more between an update after it runs and rides.
View attachment 159477
Nice! My friend has a street legal kx65, its a fun little screamer! He was able to use coil parts off a kx80 to get more stator output. maybe something to look into?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice! My friend has a street legal kx65, its a fun little screamer! He was able to use coil parts off a kx80 to get more stator output. maybe something to look into?
Absolutely!

Got the top end on and it runs today. Waiting on parts now for the lighting.
Engine Auto part Vehicle Fuel line Automotive engine part
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Enduro Supermoto

·
Registered
65 Posts
Real nice. What switch set up are you going to use to get the front brake lever to activate the brake light?
I have a street legal 110 with a 65sx front end, and that's the point I'm at now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts