PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I cant for the life of me get a hold of anyone at Stratos so im hoping someone else can help me and help FAST.

i have a blown fork seal in my SR6's and need to get replacement parts but dont have any idea what i need.

Can anyone give me some info on these things.

I remember hearing somethign about ATF Fluid......

so is stock oil 10 wt then? i dont think its ATF fluid...just some 10wt fork oil? The oil leaking looks to be clear.

dont want to rip them apart just yet.......want some info before hand..

i need to get the forks done for a race this weekend....any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
pimpindahoes,

Contact DoubleR-Dan over on fiddylife.com or here as I gave him the contact information a month ago and I didn't save the information as he did exactly what you are wanting to do.

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
they are valved for dexron auto tranny fluid, its the red stuff. Im sure you could use fork oil but thats just what stratos told me and thats what was in mine.

Matt, youve got mail ;)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Use automatic transmission fluid. Dexron III and put 250cc-260cc.

Why did the seal fail? Did the fork bottom out? If so you probably damaged the seal cup. Was it the brake side.?

I'll call Double R Dan and get Stratos phone number. He ended up selling his SR6 forks(my old ones) cause he couldnt get parts anymore.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help guys....

yes it's the brake side. Im just looking to get some parts for this thing and get her back together. Strapped for time though.

funny about that ATF fluid because i was like well it is 10wt......sure enough thats what the goods are.

Just need seals now!!

HELP!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Parts are still available.

Bought the zokes after getting the info. So I was torn on which to keep - then so I had a local guy that wanted to trade me for a 4 spped and some other misc stuff for the bike.

They still have all the parts available - just no longer making complete sets.

I miss my forks - the zokes are 10 times heavier and the Hayes brakes are ok - but they are not Magura (sp?)

Anyways - you got mail - I mean a PM with the info in it.

The part you need comes complete - with supa seal and all - 35.00

T.O.D.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DoubleR-Dan said:
Parts are still available.

Bought the zokes after getting the info. So I was torn on which to keep - then so I had a local guy that wanted to trade me for a 4 spped and some other misc stuff for the bike.

They still have all the parts available - just no longer making complete sets.

I miss my forks - the zokes are 10 times heavier and the Hayes brakes are ok - but they are not Magura (sp?)

Anyways - you got mail - I mean a PM with the info in it.

The part you need comes complete - with supa seal and all - 35.00

T.O.D.

YOUR A LIFE SAVER!!!

Thanks for the info mang!!

only reason i dont want the zoochi is because they are tanks and brakes are weak. the hayes or the formula brake.

Phew.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
FactoryMotorsports said:
YOUR A LIFE SAVER!!!

only reason i dont want the zoochi is because they are tanks and brakes are weak. the hayes or the formula brake.

Phew.

Get more then one set of seals for backup...

·
Registered
98 Posts
hey whats going on Matt...did you find the seals?

When I thought I had blown my forks seals my buddy who works at RG3 had some 35mm fork seals at his work that we're gonna see if it worked but it ended up being the bolt on the bottom of the forks fell out.

Let me know if you need any help, took my forks apart twice already. Got to change the oil in them again, little heavier oil this time. Later Greg

·
Registered
104 Posts
FactoryMotorsports said:
YOUR A LIFE SAVER!!!

Phew.

yep....

Like Z says - get some extras.

They put all of their money into designing and zokes put their into advertising.

I looked for my receipt - but I think I gave it to the guy who has the forks now. I can get a copy of it and fax it to you if need be.

I can also get the back link to the site if need be - it is with the forks as well.

Let me know and I can PM you that info.

Later and good luck.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
khoolguy said:
hey whats going on Matt...did you find the seals?

When I thought I had blown my forks seals my buddy who works at RG3 had some 35mm fork seals at his work that we're gonna see if it worked but it ended up being the bolt on the bottom of the forks fell out.

Let me know if you need any help, took my forks apart twice already. Got to change the oil in them again, little heavier oil this time. Later Greg

Greg,

Hit me up if you need replacement parts....i ordered up a whole mess of seals and supa seals. I will now be the spare parts distributor. :)

Z, Double R

thanks for the tips. i was already planning on grabbing as many of them as the pocket can buy....i know they will be needed sooner or later.

if you know of that link please Pm it to me. couldnt hurt to have.

thanks guys!

now who needs replacement parts!!??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.