PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started to switch my stock mod bike to a full disc brake stock mod bike,, I will show my progress as I start to get more of the parts in that I need (Rear YZ250f/450f rear master and front master, and front cr85 caliper). But here is the KX65 front wheel I just laced up and spaced out for the stock KLX110 forks.

Once I get the rear wheel laced and trued tomorrow I will show pics of that also.

· Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
knucklehead459 said:
here we go again!!!LOL.. hey is that thing going to sit to low?

9 1/2 inches off the ground so I don't think so,, I think the mod bike sits lower! hahaha

Not to mention the fact that the difference between a 12" rear and a 10" rear at the rim is only 1" of ride height. Then factor in the extreme rear tire which is huge,, I bet it only makes the bike sit about 1/2" lower then a 12" rear would sit. Same for the front with the Innova tire.

· Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NOTE: To the moderator that changed this post from a KLX110 forum/Roost forum to my advertiser account Sik Tendencies Forum please move it back to the roost forum,, there isn't any product that I am selling specifically,,, I am just showing people the bike I am building. Thanks in advance!

· Registered
1,043 Posts
siktendenciesracing said:
hey don't laugh,, you and I both said that we thought that a stock chasis with Mod motor and disc brakes would be the mod bike killer in vegas cause it would be in and out of corners so quick!! hahahaha
I agree with that 100 percent. vegas is like a bmx bike track.

· Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nelson28 said:
I agree with that 100 percent. vegas is like a bmx bike track.

yup! A lot of people think were crazy but if you look at the lap times in the stock mod class (with stock carb and non roller rocker head; so about 7 hp disadvantage to a mod bike) they aren't that much slower,, pretty much off by about 3-4 seconds a lap at most,,, so put the 26 carb and v2 head on that bad boy and look out!! hahahaha

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.