PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shop was broken into last night and it was a quick in and out and knew my shop set up as they went for expensive things, and my race bike.

My Hot wheels 50 was stolen. It has very unique parts which not many people in this area have but are common other places.

Black powdercoated Cro Mo Frame.

Ishock limited edition

Sano front forks

Black 10" rims f and R

Michelin tires

Red Baron black powder coated swingarm

renthal chain

Powdercoated stock rear hub which matches front Sano hub perfectly

Orange plastic

BBr Complete tall seat kit

Hot wheels One Industries graphics

Black Tag bars

Motoin pro throttle which was cracked

Grey scott grips

Tank shimmed up for taller carb

88 s -stage with R-stage head

Chm pipe

Motor has 3 speed Kitaco tranny

Stator cover cut and paint stripped off

Kitaco rev box

DPM black pegs

IMs shifter

DPM black skidplate

chain roller mounted to frame

Takegawa front sprocket 15t

If anyone sees anythign odd such as a smiple 88 s stage in a bike with a shimmed up tank. Red rear hub with stock or different front forks.

Alot of DPM stuff.

Orange plastic

CHM pipes are out their but not that much....

Just let me know please and post this anywhere you would like. Please someone post on Sanos site as well.

Along with my race bike I also lost 18 bore kits. 8 Takegawa 88 s stage as well as 10 Kitaco 88 kits. 2 Kitaco ultra heads. Set of green plastic as well as chevy trucks graphics. 2 Red baron Factory frame. 3 Sano fork kits, 2 BBR XR70 fork kits,5 Five o swingarms.

They were only in for around 5 minutes but it was enough to grab a bunch of stuff load the truck and get out...

The pic in my photo album is what it loked like minus that swinarm and it had a black Red baron one instead.. other then that it may be good to watch or if peopel seem to be unloading parts on Ebay let me know please.

·
Registered
769 Posts
stolen parts

Hey brother, I am shedding a tear for ya. That really sucks, people like that should be hung and castrated. I will keep my eyes and ears open here in Texas for ya. Good luck bro! Mike

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey man that's horrible to hear. Keep us up to date.

Has there been any leads or anything from the police?

I'm watching ebay to see if anything new comes up for sale from that area.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I dont understand how people can be so disrespectful. That is just totally lame! This is the reason why I have a survallence setup at my home.. come on now isnt that just stupid that you have to have cameras at your own house to keep tabs on stuff. Geesh.. Good luck with the police, these people need to get a life.. and job..

-Nick

·
Registered
300 Posts
Will any of the loss be covered under your business insurance? Can you loss be recovered?

This sucks this is the 3rd bike in the last 3 weeks thats been stolen. But not only that they broke into your business to get it.

Nothing on ebay from Nevada yet. I'm checking in every hour or so.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your loss. Its posted up on the Sano forums now. I will put it up on my website also.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I know alot of you guys are a bit younger on here but ill simplify it for you.

When you lease a building you have to have insurance in case fire etc. so the landlord is safe with his stuff.. Its a good idea to cover your products etc.

If you have insurance and you file a claim 9 out of 10 times the insurance company will drop you. Then you ahve to find new insurance and with a claim on file they either dont want to touch you or your rates go through the roof. Well if you cnat get insurance again for a claim then you in essence will be out of business because you ahve to have insurance for your landlord.

Not to mention that if i file a claim, car insurance at 2000 a year is cheap... commercial insurance for a mail order retail company runs you close to 6-10000 a year. If you file a claim it will more then double most the time for 3-5 years. So ill pay more in the next 5 years filing a claim then if i dont and take my losses.

The only bad part is being out over 20000 dollars in inventory right before Christmas.... Ill recover hopefull and catch the DAMN BASTARDS!!!

long in the short Yes I have insurance and im undecuded if I will file a claim.

·
Registered
300 Posts
xr50racer said:
Well I know alot of you guys are a bit younger on here but ill simplify it for you.

When you lease a building you have to have insurance in case fire etc. so the landlord is safe with his stuff.. Its a good idea to cover your products etc.

If you have insurance and you file a claim 9 out of 10 times the insurance company will drop you. Then you ahve to find new insurance and with a claim on file they either dont want to touch you or your rates go through the roof. Well if you cnat get insurance again for a claim then you in essence will be out of business because you ahve to have insurance for your landlord.

Not to mention that if i file a claim, car insurance at 2000 a year is cheap... commercial insurance for a mail order retail company runs you close to 6-10000 a year. If you file a claim it will more then double most the time for 3-5 years. So ill pay more in the next 5 years filing a claim then if i dont and take my losses.

The only bad part is being out over 20000 dollars in inventory right before Christmas.... Ill recover hopefull and catch the DAMN BASTARDS!!!

long in the short Yes I have insurance and im undecuded if I will file a claim.

That really sucks.

Hopefully this Christmas will be good for you and you can recover. I sympathyse with you and hopefully this next year will be a good one for you. Are you going to invest in some video servailance now? I would. It's just a shame that people actually do this stuff. Hopefully they will get caught and justice will be served.

Still nothing new on Ebay!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Another one?

Oh gosh man... I'm so sorry to hear about your bike and parts getting stolen.. I was one of the statistics in November and got my scooter stolen, but no where near the caliber of yourself.. The shity part about all of it is the people that did it don't even care and have no concious about doing it.. My heart was broken in November and just won't heal cause of all my 50 friends getting bent over.. If the police would do a little more maybe it wouldn't be so hard. I'm sure with all of the other criminals in this country they have better things to do but it really makes you want to take the law into your own hands and then " of course " it is your fault and you go visit the graybar hotel.. How do people that steal have any friends? Well I hope the best for you and hope that you have friends and family around to help you out..

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Hey Xr50racer I know how you feel I was broken into three times this year and lost thousands of dollars in bikes, scooters and parts .

It sucks because the insurance companys don't cover it all. and as soon as you file they drop you. and finding a new insurance company once you have filed is impossible .

I just want you to know there is a ring of thiefs that the detectives have been tracking for about a couple of years now . they have hit dealerships in Ca. Nev. and Az. . there are about 10 people in the gang of thiefs . they have a pattern they stake your shop out then they hit and run . the guys actualy came in my shop and pretended like they wanted to buy a quad and had two others that come in seperate while they asked about the quad and distracted us from the other guys . the other 2 guys scoped out our camera system heck we have the bozos looking right into the cameras . we called the detective and when they saw the guys on the film they recognized them . then they showed me pics of the ring leader and low and behold it was the guy who talked to me about the quad . so beware folks these guys are smart they get on sites like this to find people who have shops and scope them out and then hit them .

they also go to tracks and follow people home with tricked out mini's and hit them there too . we had them brake into our garage twice to get our race bikes but I luckily stashed them at my shop were they could not get them .

Hey Xrracer if you want info on the gang PM me I will get you in touch with the detective in charge of the case

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.