PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
You need a thin 14mm wrench and a vise.

1. Slide the black rubber bumper located on the bottom of the shock towards the top of the shock. You will see a nut hidden underneath it.

2. Clamp the shock into a vise.

3. Put a little heat on the nut to help dissolve the loc tite.

4. Use a 14mm wrench to unscrew the nut.

5. Remove and replace the spring.

6. Make sure to use red loc tite to secure the nut in place.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your efforts so far,

I put it in my vise (clamped the bottom end, the end with the nut) and heated it for a while, then the bolt is just stripping, and I am using a metric 14 open end wrench so its not like the wrench is loose fitting. The bolt is already as far down the threading as it will go, still nothing.

Any more descriptive advice any anything for that matter?

Thanks

---

Edit

Just foudn the two brothers instalation page, see if that helps...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Your close! You just need to make a few adjustments.

1. clamp the top end of the shock in the vise.

2. Loosen the nut (which it sounds like you have already done). You will only need to turn it a little bit.

3. Hold the nut with the wrench and use another wrench to unscrew the bottom of the shock off of the shock shaft. The entire bottom end of the shock will unscrew off of the shock shaft so the spring can be removed.

Reverse the above steps to install.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cannot thank you enough, both of you.

I got the Applied spring on, its super stiff and since its a stock shock, I can't adjust teh rebound, haha, but no complaints, its 100 times better than the stock spring.

So thanks again.

Now onto the forks, but I already have the instructions from Two Brothers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.