PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've built a few stock klx's this year so thought I'd share this rebuild. I went to pick up some parts and came away with a complete bike thats a non runner and a spare engine that's missing parts- all too cheap not to off some guys i know locally.

Complete bike has a nice little parts list with a fox float shock (needs a service), HD peg bar and fastways, HD fork kit, ASV lever, Twobro top clamp and seat and pro taper bars. Pretty sure I'll leave her as she is just get her back to her former glory- I managed to get the motor running as the timing was waaaay out and there were a few snapped bolts holding the top end together- who ever rebuilt it forgot the base gasket too... But over all she's pretty much untouched and hasn't been messed about with.

Does anyone know the difference between a CRF50 and KLX110 fox float shock? Been told theyre different lengths but I've never had one to know or compare to?

Here's a couple of pics- will add more as I go.

Thanks!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Vehicle Auto part Engine Motorcycle Automotive engine part
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
615 Posts
Nice score. Fox float for CRF50 and KLX 110 02-09 are the same length, but use different valving internally. If you had a CRF 50 Float, you could easily have someone valve it to KLX 110 spec or to the spec that you want. Fox are good with helping with this sort of thing also in regards to providing info.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ideal my info's wrong then! Any other way to see which bike its for? I'm assuming it wants a service anyway and I have a local Speciallist that can. Just don't wanna ruin it either way.

Put an elka on today anyway and swapped the motor for a freshly rebuilt one out of another long term build that isn't gonna be done for a while. Started first kick!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Enduro Automotive tire

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gone and got her ride able for a private track on New Year's Day. That'll be the test ride then ill strip her back down and send parts to the powder coater. Really nice parts list for when she's finished and there's a twobrother M6 pipe on the way to finish it off!

Stock 110 motor freshly rebuilt bottom and top end. New piston, rings, seals etc...
Air box
Stock klx pipe
Twobrothers billet top clamp in blue
Pro taper SE bars
Stock throttle
New throttle cable
Michelin starcross tyres
Rim lock
Fox float shock (elka at the moment)
Twobrothers high rise seat
ASV brake lever
New EBC brake pads front and rear
HD peg bar
Fastways pegs
Billet fuel cap
New grips
New talon sprockets
New stock brake pedal with snake

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motocross Enduro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.