PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am changing the fork oil again in the stocker because it's just too soft.

Left side (if riding): Silver caps pushed down easily and I pulled the clip right out. It then popped up, but stopped. It didn't come all the way out like it did last time. I tried pushing back down again and it pops back up to the same place. And i tried it again, and again, and again. It just doesn't seem to want to fully pop out.

Right side (if riding): Silver caps were stuck, I had to get a flathead and tap the screwdriver on the caps with a hammer. They then went down, and got stuck. I didn't hit it hard at all. I got the clip out, but it won't budge. Won't go down any further, and won't come up.

Now what do I do? Someone please help me real quick. I don't feel like staying up all night doing this. I want to party lol.

Surely someone knows a trick to this.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Did you loosen up the clamp? If the clamp is still tight and compressing the fork tube it will get stuck. So make sure the clamp is loose then put a rag over the top of the fork leg and compress the for. The rag should keep you from loosing an eye...

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1tenner said:
Did you loosen up the clamp? If the clamp is still tight and compressing the fork tube it will get stuck. So make sure the clamp is loose then put a rag over the top of the fork leg and compress the for. The rag should keep you from loosing an eye...

Wow, I am stupid haha let me go try that.

Thanks for your help, I will let you know in just a couple minutes if it worked or not.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
You may have to compress the forks to get the spring to push them out...BE CAREFULL or you'll shoot your eye out and make a mess !!!:D.......... Seriously.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FastMC said:
You may have to compress the forks to get the spring to push them out...BE CAREFULL or you'll shoot your eye out and make a mess !!!:D.......... Seriously.

Well I had to be hard-headed and not put a rag over the first fork because usually it doesn't spring out too fast, just pops out. Well this one (I guess from it being stuck down) when I loosened the bolt to the clamp it shot and hit my ceiling in the garage at full speed haha

I was atleast smart enough to keep my face away from it hahaha

Lesson learned!

·
Registered
780 Posts
1tenner said:

lol...i thought i warned you to use a rag!!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I had HD springs in my stock front end.. and when i was taking the springs out i had the same problems.. the cap held in by that little C-clip had gotten hung up..

i took the fork leg when it was stuck and grabbed the upper part of the leg and slammed it on the ground.. ( DONT STAND OVER THE LEG WHEN YOU DO THIS!) and then the cap will pop out.. make sure you have 2nd set of eyes to see were the cap goes..

Also i recommend 15-20wt oil when you do end up putting everything together..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts