PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very new to all this... so please forgive what may seem like a dumb question to all. I have a crf50, cr70r and a crf150f. I wanted to "beef" up the 70. From what I have read here It seems as though I would need to get a +2 or more swingarm and stiffer rear shock to raise the bike up for a 180lb dude. Maybe a tall seat, tall clamp and taller bars for the front. But what about the front suspension? I don't wqant to spend the money for new forks. Does simply putting stiffer springs in the front forks "raise? the bike up?

Thanks in advance for the answers. I am 5' 7" now a tall guy... just fat!

·
Registered
283 Posts
All you need it fast ace shock .... i have one now and held up better than my i-shock thereon ebay 65$ and to lift fron t end you need dampenng rods like bbrs but there okay I have them it's not a must other than that bbr stiff spring and bmx bars done

·
Registered
491 Posts
you can put a set of xr80 forks up front with a different wieght oil or stiff springs and a Billetware +2 swinger with a nice aftermarket rear shock. the 70 will gain some ground clearence and ride alot nicer. check out the pics of my bike. its what im running and i like it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
bbr makes kits to easily make your stock forks int sp-5's....get the heavy duty fork springs, dampening rods and even throw on a bbr stiff rear spring its the cheapest and most cost efeective way too beef up your bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts