PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after buying a china bike that sucked. i bought a 07 crf50 for 300.00 i couldnt pass it up. im 5,11 180 lbs. im not going to race this just play with it in the back yard. I ordered new bbr bar kit and rtall seat. whats the next thing on the list . this thing sits way to low stock. im not trying to blow a wad on it if possible.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Farrell639 said:
Go get +1 fork legs with HD front springs. A tall handle bar kit, which you have to get a aftermarket tripple clamp for. Fox float rear shock. BBR 82cc kit. IMS Superstock pegs.

what kind of +1 forks? dont want to spend an arm and a leg i just want it to sit up higher .may jump it alittle but nothing more then medto small size bmx doubles.

·
Registered
420 Posts
If your on a budget, just search through planetminis over here for used parts.. someones gotta have somthing your looking for..

I got my 110 mad cheap, and considering the fact i got it under 700$ im making out pretty good as far as a bugit goes.

KTM forks, Fabbed a +3 for myself, Cradle mount, 134BB and such.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
2nd nature said:
what kind of +1 forks? dont want to spend an arm and a leg i just want it to sit up higher .may jump it alittle but nothing more then medto small size bmx doubles.

Well to lift the bike you NEED +1s. I have red baron on mine, and they've been the best.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
2nd nature said:

From what I've bought in the past , I'm sorry but .. you get what you pay for 99% of the time .

Can you cancel that BBR order ?? Imo - the only decent pieces in that whole kit is the clamp and front brake cable .

Your better getting each piece separately if you want longevity and comfort . Yes it'll cost you more , but it's worth it !!!

Here's my list of must have's .. :)

- Joker , CHP or Sano 3" bmx bar clamp .

- Beranger bmx bars

- Asv brake lever or if you have to for now ? get that cheapo lever that comes in the BBR kit until you have saved up .

- Fast 50's or BBR extended brake cable .

- Fast 50's extended throttle cable with carb cap

- Fast 50's billet throttle assy -or- Xr70 throttle assy .

Suspension must haves :

- +1 fork legs , Two bro's , Fast 50's , CHP ... or any other company that sells the good ones .

- HD springs

- Stock KLX 110 shock -or- better yet new style I-shock or Elka shock ..

- + 2 aftermarket swingarm or stock Xr70 swingarm . The 70 arm will minor mods to work , but will do just fine .

- HD spokes , atleast on the rear wheel for now .

After all is said and done ..., you'll pretty much have this ... :D

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JohnnyB said:
From what I've bought in the past , I'm sorry but .. you get what you pay for 99% of the time .

Can you cancel that BBR order ?? Imo - the only decent pieces in that whole kit is the clamp and front brake cable .

Your better getting each piece separately if you want longevity and comfort . Yes it'll cost you more , but it's worth it !!!

Here's my list of must have's .. :)

- Joker , CHP or Sano 3" bmx bar clamp .

- Beranger bmx bars

- Asv brake lever or if you have to for now ? get that cheapo lever that comes in the BBR kit until you have saved up .

- Fast 50's or BBR extended brake cable .

- Fast 50's extended throttle cable with carb cap

- Fast 50's billet throttle assy -or- Xr70 throttle assy .

Suspension must haves :

- +1 fork legs , Two bro's , Fast 50's , CHP ... or any other company that sells the good ones .

- HD springs

- Stock KLX 110 shock -or- better yet new style I-shock or Elka shock ..

- + 2 aftermarket swingarm or stock Xr70 swingarm . The 70 arm will minor mods to work , but will do just fine .

- HD spokes , atleast on the rear wheel for now .

After all is said and done ..., you'll pretty much have this ... :D

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

i would be totally happy if mine looked like that. . ive got money to buy what ever and im sure i can cancel the order with bbr set up. may loose shipping but oh well. this is the 2nd crf50 i bought. i sold the first one for a ssr it was a piece of crap. i wasnt really looking for another one but this just fell in my lap.im not worried about the motor for now just want it to sit up more like yours.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts