PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wondering if any of you have ran a VM26 on your stock 110s? I have an aftermarket pipe and also eliminated my air-box with a straight intake system. Is a VM26 too big for the stock 110? I know everyone says the stock carb is junk!:p

·
Registered
975 Posts
Im curious about this aswell

Im running the stock carb aswell and thought about a 24 or 26 carb but didnt wanna over do it..

of course Im not riding mine on dirt, its used for mini road racing

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
For Road Race use, it will be ok as long as there aren't any really slow corners or if you can keep the rev's high.

Since a VM26 is on the large size for such a small engine, the velocity will be weak so your jetting will have to start off fairly rich compared to to say what a 143 or bigger engine would require.

I'd start with a 200 main/ 27.5 pilot/ and needle in the 4th clip.

·
Registered
975 Posts
dood said:
For Road Race use, it will be ok as long as there aren't any really slow corners or if you can keep the rev's high.

Since a VM26 is on the large size for such a small engine, the velocity will be weak so your jetting will have to start off fairly rich compared to to say what a 143 or bigger engine would require.

I'd start with a 200 main/ 27.5 pilot/ and needle in the 4th clip.

there a few lower speed corners at the tracks

would a 22 or 24 carb be better?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whoa! 28mm? I thought a 26mm would already be over kill on a completely stock 110 with just pipe and intake...If you saying u need to keep RPMs high that means with the bigger carb...im gonna be losing some toruqe and just gain in the top end?

·
Registered
666 Posts
it would be great to a get a few more tech guys on here to throw in there .02.. about the bigger carb on the smaller motor..

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I ran a VM26mm on a stock bike for a while and found it hard to get it jetted perfect but it did work. I ran it with a old style takegawa intake.

I also ran a TM24mm and this carb worked much better just a little smaller but a flat slide carb. It was a little easier to get jetted spot on. I also ran this with a old style takegawa intake.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
got two stockers that have vm26 on them. with the stock pipe, we put the 65 jet in it out of the 26mm jet kit. sorry i dont know all the details like some other guys (dood) but thats what works great on these motors. when added a procircuit pipe, no change still ran tits

·
Registered
975 Posts
sxrscer189 said:
it would be great to a get a few more tech guys on here to throw in there .02.. about the bigger carb on the smaller motor..

dood is a good source of info but I would like to hear alittle more from others

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dood says 200 main and you say 65? I'm confused??

HatterasCast said:
got two stockers that have vm26 on them. with the stock pipe, we put the 65 jet in it out of the 26mm jet kit. sorry i dont know all the details like some other guys (dood) but thats what works great on these motors. when added a procircuit pipe, no change still ran tits

1 - 18 of 18 Posts