PlanetMinis Forums banner

SSR's 150r is here!

75K views 525 replies 92 participants last post by  chasetheface123 
#1 ·
Fellow Enthusiasts,

THE SR150R – YOU WANTED IT, WE’RE BUILDING IT – AT LAST!

The “buzz” has been building, you’ve read about it online – and it’s true. SSR Motorsports’ highly anticipated SR150R is on its way. The SR150R race bike was designed and engineered in the U.S.A. by SSR Motorsports, exclusively for SSR. Yes, the SR150R is an OEM bike!

The SR150R features a chrome-moly frame, state-of-the-art front and rear suspension components and unique new front end geometry. The SR150R is so trick in so many ways that we don’t know where to begin trying to describe this incredible bike; however, we’ve attached photos and specifications for this long-awaited race bike, so you can get an idea of what’s on its way.

You’ve waited a long time for the SR150R to be ready and show our gratitude for your interest and patience while we developed the SR 150R from a single prototype to full production, we are offering a special low introductory MSRP of just $2,199.

The SR150R is also avalible with the optional Marzocchi (USA)fork and Shock package.

MSRP with the marzocchi package is $3099.00

We plan to begin shipping the SR 150R to dealers by Friday, September 12. Act now because the number of SR150Rs available from the first production run is very limited – and the demand is already quite high.

To check availability or for additional information, contact your authorized SSR Motorsports dealer, or check it out online at www.ssrmotorsports.com.

We appreciate your continued and enthusiastic support, and look forward to racing – and winning – with you.

Sincerely,

The Sales and Marketing Team at SSR Motorsports

SSR Motorsports

12825 Alondra Blvd.

Norwalk, CA 90650

Tel. 562-936-2888

Fax 562-926-6999

www.ssrmotorsports.com

See less See more
#7 ·
ROBINSONDB22 said:
has anybody ridden the bike yet? like a racer who's not getting paid by ssr. just looking for a non bias opinion.

There was a few guys that rode one today but they arent on here.I am going back out on tuesday morning to milestone if anybody wants to try one out and post up about it.

I can also bring a klx style import bike so they can be ridden back to back.

#9 ·
ROBINSONDB22 said:
has anybody ridden the bike yet? like a racer who's not getting paid by ssr. just looking for a non bias opinion.
we don't get paid by SSR and there was alot of others out at the ride day a few months back when they brought the bikes out.

Nothing compares to this as far as import bikes go. I have ridden and tested and raced alot of import bikes also.

#11 ·
COOL BEANS !!!!!!!!!!!

say if you got time PWEEEZZ, what are the measurements, ground clearence, seat height, stock handle bar height, wheel base, and dry weight.

Also the forks are they dual rebound & compression or single like the original 50 zokes? , and is the shock compression & rebound & preload adjustable?

#14 ·
Wheel base---------------------47" to center of adjustment

Seat height---------------------30 1/2"

Bar height-----------------------39"

Peg height-----------------------12"

Peg to seat----------------------18"

Ground to skid plate--------------10 1/2"

Forks-----duel compression and rebound on each leg 8" travel

Shock-----1100 lbs spring compression,rebound and preload adjustable 8" travel

I don't have a scale but it is lighter than the klx imports

#19 ·
ibmike13 said:
Bike looks Great, now all they need is the Daytona engine(for the clutch cover) and it will be SO FAR AHEAD of all other bikes,including none imports, its crazy.

Close ratio trans and a good clutch cover are in the works for a YX

#20 ·
I rode Chris Blose 12" bike in varying soil ( sand, hard clay, and nice dark loam) and I say it is hands down the best handling pit Bike I have ever ridden ( current ride is X4R w/ Zokes and Cat 5 146) stable, yet corners like a roller coaster Pick a line and pin it or change line mid turn it just doesnt care, ergonomically it is very nice I am 5'11" and had no issues. The bike is smoother and more confidence inspiring than my X4R and I really like the Pitster, But this bike is exceptional, the Pax,Trailbikes motor on it didnt hurt a bit either.

#25 ·
sxfracer said:
i want one. they look not chinese, it looks like reeg almost. cant wait for the close ratio transmission and clutch cover. :D

That was a major goal of mine was to take away the "chinese" look that all prebuilt bikes have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.