PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everybody. I recently purchased a 2020 SSR 125tr. My buddies and I have had a ball thus far. I have a fast ace shock on the way but am nit sure if I purchased the correct one. Can somebody school me on which one to get? As far as upgrading the forks are my only option putting the shims in and changing to 15wt or 20 wt oil? Is there any springs or anything else I can purchase to make it better when jumping. I'm 5-9 around 220 lbs. I love the bike it's just a bit soft for me.

If there are any other helpful tips y'all have and don't mind sharing please let me know? Thanks and hope to hear from you guys and gals soon.

Caleb

·
Registered
10 Posts
With that particular bike you cant do much for the forks other then thicker oil or what i did to my ssr 160 tr forks was increase the amount of oil in each leg to roughly 225cc and this makes the suspension feel a little more plush and consistant,(i changed the fork fluid quickly after getting the bike and this made the most difference)
Rear shock for your bike needs a 1000 pound spring or maybe a 1200 spring, to increase the longevity and performance of your shock i would recommend changing the rear oil also... fastace Stock oils in the ssr pit bikes are rather low quality

1 - 2 of 2 Posts