PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do these use the same motor setup as the daytona motors? curious what all is needed to put a 190/150.

anyone know of any better street legal candidates?

thanks,

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Daytona motor uses the same mounts as any crf50 based chinese bike. The only issue with the daytona engines is they are physically larger than alot of other engine. Also with the razkull bc it is street legal id look at the new pitster 190 as it is 5 speed with electric start although daytona did release a wider ratio trans if you are set on daytona. If you do this swap please post, there are some sweet features on the razkull I like, especially the larger tank so you still get a decent range compared to the grom or direct grom clone

·
Registered
635 Posts
I had a Boom Vader which is basically another Grom Clone uses the same motor mounts as the standard Honda style pit bike. The Grom uses 3 motor bolts, but my Vader only used 2. Btw, it would not accept Honda Grom mounting bolts as the Vader uses 8mm bolts vs the Groms 10mm bolts.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Really? what engine mount style does it use? It looks an awful lot like a regular pitbike engine. I have even looked at it person and didnt think it looked different

·
Registered
635 Posts
ssr 125 razkull motor is not the same motor mounts as the pit bike engines
I guess it is possible that the Razkull uses different mounts but my Boom Vader was styled just like the Razkull and used a pit bike style motor marked BD1P52FMI. I didn't drop the motor to compare the location of the mounts but did replace the rear bolt. Since Vince sells the engines and is also a SSR distributor, he probably knows best.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Yea, ive seen a guy put a pitster 190 in a vader but like i said, a 190 with 1.3 gal tank is not gonna be a great street setup so the razkull was a possible future project for me. if it can be confirmed that it uses different mounts then i guess that will answer that and ill have to stick with the vader

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’d love to know more on this as well. A bigger motor and 5 speed would be great. I’m fine with a 150 or so but would kill for an extra gear. I was planning to buy a Spade but went Razkull to get on the bike sooner and keep the wife happy about cost. I’m $2200 in my Razkull with no mods yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The zongshen 190cc 5 speed bolts right in. Now there is brackets for the real ssr razkul. All other grom clones and boom and VIP and tao tao models go right in. The brackets for the ssr are about $100... the zs190 5 speed auto start daytona clone motor is $850 shipped. Pitster and tbolt stock them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The zongshen 190cc 5 speed bolts right in. Now there is brackets for the real ssr razkul. All other grom clones and boom and VIP and tao tao models go right in. The brackets for the ssr are about $100... the zs190 5 speed auto start daytona clone motor is $850 shipped. Pitster and tbolt stock them.
where do i buy the bracket for the razkull?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
where do i buy the bracket for the razkull?
May need to see when it will be in stock but this is the one I think

1 - 11 of 11 Posts