PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week, I ordered up a SSR 110DX for the kids and I to mess around on. We have a couple of smaller Hondas, but needed something fit in between the 50 and 100 CRFs.

I ordered through Vince, at Tbolt. The bike showed up within five days of me placing the on-line order.

I was able to handle the boxed, steel frame crate, myself, with a little help from the truck driver and using my son's skateboard as a dolly. I'm a 40 year old dad, in decent shape.

A few minutes ago, I submitted this review, over at T-bolt, thought I would share. I will follow this post up with edits, once we ride it.

So far so good. Bike arrived today, delivery was only a couple of days to Nevada, The kids and I un-boxed, put it together and and it is now complete, sitting in the living room ;)

It is pretty much as described, as pictured. I did notice it has a Keihin carburetor, not a Mikuni carb. No big deal. I understand it is supposed to have the Pro hubs, no way to really confirm.

The certificate of origin says Feb. 2010, that's two years old. I don't think the bike has been updated since then, so this model must still be considered the latest.

Vince was great to deal with.

Tomorrow night, we will put fresh oil in it and give all of the fasteners a once over, with lock-tite in hand.

Saturday morning will be the first ride, break in routine, and several oil changes.

Everything points towards this being a lot of fun for the buck. I am completely in awe at how a little over $600 brings a nice piece of transportation to my door, from many miles away.

Looking forward to cruising this thing around our favorite Nevada trail riding spots.

I'll add that assembly was easy enough. The number plate is an odd fit, that I had to kind of rig, to make work. We also had to take off the seat assembly, to get rid of all the nice plastic it was wrapped in.

I am a bit concerned about the machining of threads in the sub frame, rear, where the seat attaches. Seems that if one is not careful, it will be pretty easy to strip these. I hope that the other threads on the bike are not similar. This is not a complaint, just an observation. I am really quite blown away with the quality, for that price. And we haven't even gotten to the fun factor yet.

Eric
Reno, NV

EDIT- 1/28
Went over the entire bike last night, in search of loose fasteners, making sure things are tight enough for some fun this weekend. Watch the hex heads that hold the fork clamps together.

Also drained motor oil. Will fill with a solid 10-40 before first start.

Anyone know the specs on fluid capacity of this motor?

Can anyone confirm that Feb 2010 was the last time these bikes arrived on US shores, that this is the latest model?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Buy a quality chain asap! The stock chain will stretch alot, and de-rail if not adjusted every 20 minutes of riding. Other than that it is a great bike for the money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How's the bike? It's been 6 months since the last post so you must've ridden it... please tell us your experience.

I'm thinking about buying an SSR pit bike too, so I'm dying to know!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
They seem like a solid bike. Vince and I have been testing some new exciting engine parts on one. They have some cheep bolts here and there but for less than 10 dollars that can be fixed. Oh and a good chain, yea! Get one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
SSR had a few off year bikes slightly discounted early this year (there all sold off now that I know of) I have sold a number of there bikes and noticed the same issues. Hard to beat them for the price. Folks are looking for reasonable ways to get a dirt bike have been picking them up around here (SR125 is another good toy)
Hodaka Bob
County Line Cycles Grovertown, IN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts