PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last question from me today i hope... What kinda gearing are you guys running. I have the 85 kit and pwer rev n pipe.... at the moment im still running the standard sprockets (37 rear) and wondered what seems to be the most common setup?

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
if your running a race head and all the goodies like that then id go for a 15/35

or if you dont haev quite that much power id stick with a 15/36 or 15/37 either way add a tooth to the fron so you get a little more speed in each gear before it revs out. it makes for a better ratio. but if you have the head and bbk (big bore kit) and inner rotor ignition and all that happy stuff..id go with a 15/35 for sure. im running a 15/36 with just a 88 bbk and a pipe. 8)

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
it really depends on your riding style and the track you ride at. if its a real tight track with lots of turns and no straights then i would stay as close to stock as possible. maybe just add one tooth up front or drop one or two in the back. just remember that for every tooth change in the front it equals to almost 3 in the rear. so a 14/34 is very similiar to a 15/37.

if your on a mid sized track with some wide open areas then i would go with a 15/37 or 36. but i dont really nkow too much about the 105. if it has alot more torque than the 88 i would definitly run the 15/36 or even a 15/35

hope that helps.

just remember up in the fron tis the same as down in the back. and vice versa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.