PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
hey fiveo you asked if you were good ennuf to be sponsored, the first way to start is to go out and take some badass pics of you jumpin or racing or take a short video, then send it in to the company you want to get sponsored by many compaies ask for these on there wesite and give adresses to send these too. hey another way to get sponsored is just to go out to alot of races and do well and maybe you will get noticed by a company an online way for this is to send a resume to this website they guaranteee you will get a offer www.sponsorhouse.com

late

G

·
matt295 said:
To help promoteyour fave company then get ride of the BBR skidplate and run sik50s stickers everywhere. You dont have to be sponsored to promote them.

To promote someone you don't have to run only their products :roll: . And if they don't want to sponsor you because you bought something from someone else then you don't want to be sponsored from them anyway. If you do get sponsored they would cut you a deal on a new skid plate I'm sure. Keep what you got and just ride. Don't worry about the politics. Have it. Love it. Ride it.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
yea cycleridr's got it! i just want some cuts on cheap parts to show off to the HUGE 50 scene thats developing here. now i think my bike has the best suspension ive seen, and once ppl get on it theyll definetly want to save up for the products. everyone just rides near stockers like there built, i go bigger than everyone already. just look in my album, when im not behind the lens im jumpin the same things.

lol, or dont sponsor me, its all good!!! 8) 8)

·
Registered
679 Posts
factory metals sucks they sold me a throttle cable that the metal on it bend out nowhere i have only rode my bike 2 times with it too and now the bike is stuck wide open so i cant ride

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Now before you go rushing off to send in your resume, consider reasons why a successful manufacturing company would like to sponsor you in the first place. Ask yourself how your association with racing 50s will generate sales for a major manufacture?

Below, take a look at the most important list of fundamentals to becoming a pro and uncover the hidden answers to attaining a full factory ride.

• Put on a race face and present a good image!

Show up to the track clean, groomed, alert, and ready to race. Having fun is important, but do it respectively, responsively, and with consideration. If you’re practicing to be a representative for major manufacturer, remember that companies are looking for riders who think sensibly and act maturely.

• Get Noticed!

The best way to get noticed is on the track. Try to set yourself apart from the average Joe. Whether you use a cool 50, crazy style, the way you pick-up chicks, or your awesome personality, companies prefer riders that are well known and liked by everyone.

• Travel!

Traveling to out of town races is proof to companies that you can adapt quickly to other track conditions. Feeling comfortable at race events that receive magazine coverage is only achieved through experiencing the hype for yourself.

• Prove your results

Most companies know that many unsponsored riders have the potential to make the podium at large race events (ex. Nationals), but only a small amount of riders can do it every time. Companies want riders who are MONEY!

• Be admirable!

Influence other racers in a positive way so that people look up to you for advice. Riders who are admired can greatly influence other racer’s decision to use a particular product.

• Gain product knowledge!

Try to be as mechanically inclined as possible. Read all your product manuals, keep up to date with new information, and successively turn yourself into a resourceful xr50 guru. Knowing how to accurately tune your equipment is overlooked by many, but highly critical.

• Help beginner racers!

Exhibiting yourself as a helpful racer can make a positive impact on a company’s decision to sponsor you. Present yourself as a friendly easily approached person among every racer. Many times, extremely talented racers forfeit the opportunity to attain a major sponsorship by having a BIG EGO!

• Race Weekly

Practice! Practice! Practice! Straight from the pros, the best way to fundamentally improve your xr50 mechanics, become a better rider, and most importantly win races is to practice. Most pros get a better idea of how to tune theirs bikes by excessively burning tanks of gas at their home track. Home tracks are good practice because conditions are predictable allowing you to learn set-up tuning knowledge quickly and more accurately.

• Be patient!

Manufactures are fully aware of the necessary steps that upcoming riders must endure in the process of becoming a highly skilled, well-rounded pro competitor. According to previous outcomes, expecting to make the podium at your first, second, or even third National appearance is highly unlikely. Honestly, most racers don’t become Podimum qualifiers without sustaining at least a few years of dedicated routine weekly racing.

• Proper representation of product!

Show pride for the products you choose by thoroughly cleaning your equipment and maintaining organization. To be fast, you need to look fast. Use neat and clear sticker placement. Companies love to see proper display of their Logo!

Hmmm. This was off an RC CAR site, on how to get sponsored for RC cars, but it makes sense so I switched into XR50 format.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.