PlanetMinis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to have it all posted as it unfolds within the week or so. Im starting with bare H.O. cases, and it's sure to be a lot of fun
Should have a ton of pics inside and out. Heres what I got to put into her which is all paid for, and is in the shop.

Chassis :

2010 Pitster Pro LXR 12"

Chassis:

1 off RSW Racing Billet Triple Clamps (Thanks Ron!!!)

RM85 Showas lowered, sprung, valved, anodized by Odi @ FEAL suspension

Tokico RM85 Caliper

Nissin Master cylinder

Elka shock

D.I.D. gold chain

PMP Sprocket

FLY billet kill switch

Motion pro rim lock

Dunlop GEO MAX

Engine:

H.O. 155z

Tb V2 (ported)

Takegawa forged aluminum roller/rockers

s35 cam

FRD decomp

FRD Lighting coil

Ti valve retainers

28mm PWK

64mm TB bbk

57mm stroker crank from FPM

Boysen Ignition cover

Pro circuit dress up kit

TB shifter

TB head breather/K & N filter

K & N oil filter

**Daytona 6 plate clutch with Honda rubber conversion**

Pro Circuit Pipe

Japanese bearings in the bottom

Lightned out rotor (that I havnt made up my mind yet on whether on not Im going to use)

**Dynatek adjustable Rev Limiter**

Colored oil/gas lines

**Build thread here**

:http://planetminis.com/community/to.../page__p__1692370__fromsearch__1#entry1692370

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. I took a long break after knee surgery and Im SO ready to get some serious seat time. This has been fun and I cant wait to go wring the snot out of this thing next weekend lol.

Little sneak peak of new plastic and seat:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good man cant wait to see the final product!!

How much did that motor setup cost you?

Ehh.. I really couldnt tell you. These race fuel fumes must be getting to me because I cant remember lmao. I bought the bike used with the head and all on it. I tore it all apart and freshened it all up. Terry from FPM hooked up the crank, Tak rockers, s35, BBK, and pretty much everything else. He had the cheapest prices I could find. Did you know that BOTH of the Tak rockers weigh as much as ONE of the the TB ones?!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
should be somewhere around 183cc

Yes sir! 183.4 to be exact. Not TOO too big, but will still be a monster on the bottom. S35 should help it in the mid to top....

Terrys the man

Thans bro, and yes Terry has been a HUGE help through this build. I think he may be a tad bit "stroker happy" lmao

sweet build. Have you shimmed the transmission?

I threw a few in there behind the shift drum, and on both the input/output. Shes pretty solid. I've gotta say this thing shifts like butter after thowing a shim on the out put, right behind the little kicking gear that goes on it. Its sucked up the play and ever since its just been great. All you do is touch it .... right into gear.

Ill have some more pics to post later today, should be able to finish her up!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
where did this black filter cap her or do you have this self-painted or anodized?

I had it powder coated, along with the skid plate, intake, and ignition cover. I should have done the clutch cover too but I didnt lol. Was running a BBR forged kicker, but the knuckle gave TWICE ( had it replaced once). That WITH a decomp. Kinda bumbed.... it wasnt cheap!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So Terry was telling me that Honda 50 rubbers are just like the ones in the daytona/chinese clutch baskets. I had an extra so I decided to swap the rubbers. I drilled out the the rivets on both the Daytona basket, and the honda primary. Then tapped the basket, switched out rubbers, replaced rivets with screws and bingo! A serviceable basket lol.

And heres a little crappy teaser with the enigine thrown in. Should finish this off tomorrow hopefully.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
what rubbers did you use? i thought it was the honda crf250 rubbers that would work with a little modding? whatever you did, if it works i may need you to do that for my daytona 150 clutch. i hate the idea of the rubbers going out like yours did. lol

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
what rubbers did you use? i thought it was the honda crf250 rubbers that would work with a little modding? whatever you did, if it works i may need you to do that for my daytona 150 clutch. i hate the idea of the rubbers going out like yours did. lol

I used the rubbers out of a crf50 primary. Im sure the 250f rubbers would work, but Id have to trim them, or machine my primary out to 27mm which Im trying to avoid. If these dont hold up, Im gonna save my pennies and go with a Geeco. If THAT doesnt work,Im trashing the engine and building a KLX engine. At least now the basket is serviceable, and I can check it every time I change the oil. The problem is they go all at once. No warning... they just degenerate. Ill let you know how they work....

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.