PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
the front end would sit high with a stock shock, but if you got a shock you could make it sit pretty close to level by moving the forks up in the clamps

·
Registered
149 Posts
It'll definitely raise the front end up a lot. My wife's 50 has the 4" travel BBR's (before the SP5's came out) and I had to slide the triple clamps down to even out the ride. And she even has an i-shock on the stock swingarm, which should have raised the back end up about 2-3+ inches.

I have the SP5's on my 50 with the Storm extended swingarm and it's just about level. Here's a pic: http://www.nkinvestments.com/sub/50-1.jpg

You could slide the triple clamps down on the SP5's to lower the front end but be careful to not lower it so much that the suspension bottoms out onto the clamps.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thormx said:
how does that swingarm work?

doesnt look bad but that shock looks kinda short.

ive always been very curious about that thing, but ive never heard from anyone who had it... thanks.

The Storm swingarm is incredible. Night and day difference from a stocker (even with an i-shock mounted). The Fox RC shock is shorter in comparison to other aftermarket shocks because of how the Storm's swingarm is designed. Believe me, it doesn't mean it gets less travel ~ still gets a full 6" in the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.