PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
703 Posts
yeah i agree i like the way bbrs look and ive riden a bike with them and there super plush. i really dont like how the sik 50s look they look way to big but they may be good i have never rode a bike with them hope this helps you

· Registered
10 Posts
Skin, I'm also looking to upgrade my +1's and springs with oil forks...

What makes you like the sik50's over the bbr sp-5's? My buddy has the bbr's and they are 10 times what i have now, i've just never ridden a fiddy with the sik setup.

· Registered
4,543 Posts
ive never really tested out the bbrs to their limits, but i have with the sik50s.

the sik forks seem like they never bottom, i am soo stoked to have them vs my old cromo forks. i cant get enough, every time i ride them scince i got them, they have ridden better. i wish i could abuse some sp5s to see how they preform.

· Registered
3,869 Posts
I have the older style BBR's and I really like them so I can only guess that the SP5's must be really good. I normally dont bottom these out except for on really good hits.

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the info. i almost have the money for some forks now so im looking into them. i could get sp-5s, sik 50s, or a sweet deal on some bomb shells from sanobrady i dont know which way to go.

· Registered
986 Posts
50kid said:
thanks for all the info. i almost have the money for some forks now so im looking into them. i could get sp-5s, sik 50s, or a sweet deal on some bomb shells from sanobrady i dont know which way to go.

how much do you weigh? if your under 120 or so, then i would think about the sik50's/bbr's. if your 120 or up, then definitly go with the bombshells. they are great forks with awesome bottoming resistance and are still very plush. whoever says they suck either has no experience with them or has had a rare bad experience with them. just because the stavrons are a better fork doesnt mean that the bombshells all of a sudden suck. oh and the disk brake is super strong, something you wont find on the other setups...

· Registered
4,543 Posts
i really doesnt matter, anything you get is going to be trick.

bbr is a bmx style, ive heard alot about blown seals and such.

sik50s are a mx style, never heard of a single problem.

bshells are mx or bmx there your bars. heard of problems from not full maintnence, witch there is alot of. i dont like the desihn.

stav's are just amazing, bottom line, they thought of every thing when making these.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.